Tattoos, who has 'em?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
.......and care to share the meaning of them, or tell us what they look like or how many you have?
I'm watching LAInk right now cause nothing else is on.
DS#1 got one or 12 of them in the military and has continued.
DS#2 followed big brother of course and has a few.
Husband just got one of me on his shoulder, last year.
Then he got his folks on his other shoulder after that.
Says he's done, I'm wonderin...

Neah, not my cup of tea. I changed my apperence way too many times, wouldn't be able to do that with tatoo. Personaly I just don't get it, why would you do that to yor body.

I've got a few...5 to be exact, but it appears to be 3.

On my inner left ankle I have a gecko..my first tattoo..A tribute to my iguana. Around that is a daisy chain, done in two parts, one per year (money issue).

On my left shoulder is a little bee, size of a quarter, I supposed. My drawing.

On my lower back is what has been dubbed as a "tramp stamp"..I guess. It's my sun sign (Libra) and my husband's sun sign (Leo) entwined.

I have two more I want to get. One is "Gigi" over my heart, small...it's a nick name given to me by my neices and nephew. The other one I want is a quarter size four leaf clover with my dad's date of birth over it.

I've always wanted them.. but I change so often, I would be afraid of not liking it later. Would have to be something about my daughter, the ONE consistency in my life haha. Before kids, I wanted one around my belly button... glad I refrained from that after seeing what pregnancy does!!! :LOL:

Before kids, I wanted one around my belly button... glad I refrained from that after seeing what pregnancy does!!! :LOL:

I know what you mean, shannon. Pregnancy and age have a funny way of helping our body succumb to gravity.

Reminds me of the two little old ladies in the doctor's office. In walked a very buxom young woman wearing a low-cut blouse. Clearly visible over her left breast was the tattoo of a red rose.

One little old lady leaned over to the other and whispered discretely to her friend, "Tsk, tsk! By the time she's our age, that'll be a long-stemmed rose in a hanging basket.":LOL:

So, guess it's best not to get a tattoo on a place that'll be subject to age and gravity.

Last edited:
got 6 tats and 7 piercings

the tats are stone carvings or stained glass from gothic cathedrals ... a wivern, a grotesque, a gargoyle, an imp, a geometric cross, and the descending dove (holy spirit)

the piercings are...oh you didn't ask about those, my bad.

Neah, not my cup of tea. I changed my apperence way too many times, wouldn't be able to do that with tatoo. Personaly I just don't get it, why would you do that to yor body.

Same here, Charlie. Sorry, but they are a big Turn OFF for me.

That reminds me. "Rock Of Love" is premiering again (second time) next Sunday on VH1. :LOL:

None now but some day I'd love to get a hummingbird on the inside of my ankle.
I just have to get brave. I hate pain!!!!

I have a small tattoo in a discreet place. My own drawing of a small heart surrounded by small flowers. No one knows my little secret. Not something that shows. It has significance to me that occured during a major change in my life. It has been years now and I don't regret it.

Five with four showing, 1 is a cover-up. I have a dragon on my right calf, it's a replication of my favorite dragon figure. A Kokopelli on my left shoulder. He's the Hopi Indian symbol of fertility and is a trickster as I can be sometimes. :devilish:. An orchid on my right shoulder for my mom who grows them and a sun/moon that I drew. I like space and astronomy and the sun/moon represents that.

I have 10....telling an autobiography in abstract.

The first two are small rosebuds entwined in barbed wired on each shoulder blade. They represent early life in captivity.

The third is a long stemmed rosebud entwined in barbed wire on my abdomen, off center towards my right. It signifies growth in a cage.

The fourth is an artists rendition of a druid rune which symbolizes pain. That is on my right bicep. The choice of placement signifies that my strength (in my right arm) can withstand the pain [of the cage...]

The fifth is a gothic whirl on my lower spine, signifying blowing winds and upcoming change.

The sixth is a series of scallops on my left upper, outer thigh, representing armour or protection (as in a shield).

The seventh is my rendition of a coat of arms representing the Goddess. It is on my left calf.

The eighth is a wreath of roses, some open, some buds encircling a stack of coloured gems, standing above a fantasy knife. They represent beauty, value and strength....and show that a knife can cut hard and soft objects,equally. I am each object. This tattoo is on my left bicep, closest to my heart.

The ninth tattoo is a rose in full bloom with a long stem. This tattoo begins between the two small rosebuds, continues the length of my spine, and ends just above the whirl. It signifies opening to the sun, accepting oneself, and breaking free of any binds that held previously.

The last is at the nape of my neck, just above that knot at the top of my spine...it's an initial. L for Lou. That letter is blue.

All the tattoos that have roses in them have colour - the roses are red, the stems are green. The gems are blue, green, purple, orange, pink. The knife blade is a steel colour, the handle is entwined with yellow. All the rest of the pieces are black.

I'm considering getting one more....a fleur di lis in honour of the Katrina victims and survivours and for the city of New Orleans. I'd put it near or on a lower part of my leg...to show the journey that begins with a footstep towards recovery.

Why put tattoos on my body?? They are commitments to a lifetime of moments, moments that have shaped me. They are signposts on a timeline.

me too..........ditto^^^^^^I
you can imagine my concern when my husband called me and said he needed my permission for something. I thought, "oh gracious, what is he up to?"
he asked me if he could get a tattoo. I said, "heck no." he asked again, telling me this and that and knowing he's a wonderful individual, I couldn't say no, what am I gonna do, spank him and send him to his room? I relented. to my shock, it was me he put on his shoulder. a really 'big' me

Three. All black indian designs. Had numerous ear piercings but got away from that. Don't even remember the last time I noticed my tatoos.:ermm:

It's a personal choice and reason.

Me, I don't have any. I would like one of my mother that would be with me forever near my heart, but, I am too chicken and I don't have the money to pay for someone good enough to do a good job for me to be happy with the way she looks.

I have three. One on my lower left leg above my ankle of an eagle with a heart in it's talons.

Another one on the left side of my chest of a red rose.

The third is on my lower back. It's a 3/4 wolf profile
in the center of a blue and purple tribal design.

I would like to get two more. One of a monarch butterfly for my grandfather.
The day he was buried, October 30th in West Virginia a huge monarch came out
of nowhere and perched on the flowers by his casket during the folding of the flag.
He was a Marine.

And I want one for my dad. I just haven't decided what to do for him yet.

I don't have any... but I was 'this' close to getting one this weekend! My best friend Beth whom I have only talked to on the phone and email for the past 2 years lives in Canada. Her husband is a famous tattoo artist and does conventions all across the US and Canada. The convention this past past weekend was in Austin, Texas. When my friend told me they would be in Austin, I bought a plane ticket and flew there to meet her in person. Never been to a tattoo convention and I have to tell you, I saw some really strange stuff! Anyhow, we talked about getting my first tattoo, but it never happened.... I think I was a bit overwhelmed by it all.

Anyhow... I got to meet my best friend in person, she is totally awesome! And I learned a thing or two about tatts!

I have seen good ones and i've seen bad ones.......pay for a good one is all I can say......I hate needles and pain (how I had 2 children is still a mystery today) and have never had one done or will.....unless one wants to invest in laser removal they're pretty much permanent----so go to a good tatoo artist if you're going to make this decision.......it's pretty permanent after they do it and will be expensive to remove if you don't like it.......my son got an awful one.........even he agrees and regrets it....

I would like to get two more. One of a monarch butterfly for my grandfather. The day he was buried, October 30th in West Virginia a huge monarch came out of nowhere and perched on the flowers by his casket during the folding of the flag.
I had to laugh when I read this--not because I think what you said is funny. I think it is a very sweet thought. The reason I laughed is that right after my mom's funeral we turned and looked toward the little pond just downhill from her grave. There were some really beautiful ducks walking around in the grass near the pond. I remember thinking how much my mom would like knowing that they were there. But if I were ever to get a tattoo (99% sure I never will) I don't think I'd want a duck! :LOL:

:)Barbara

I have seen good ones and i've seen bad ones.......pay for a good one is all I can say......I hate needles and pain (how I had 2 children is still a mystery today) and have never had one done or will.....unless one wants to invest in laser removal they're pretty much permanent----so go to a good tatoo artist if you're going to make this decision.......it's pretty permanent after they do it and will be expensive to remove if you don't like it.......my son got an awful one.........even he agrees and regrets it....
I have a high tolerance for pain, but the permanency of it is what would probably stop me (and the aging, gravity thing!). They have some pretty realistic looking fake ones now--I think that would be more my style. Unless I found a design I could be totally committed to, I would rather be able to change now and then. On the other hand, if I had to pick one large tattoo, I would probably have a beautiful peacock in full plumage going up my lower back. That will never happen, but that would be interesting! I love peacocks!

:)Barbara

I have a long stemed red rose just under my waist on my back at the right side.

Mel

Back
Top Bottom