Technologically Impaired

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Skype is free only for computer to computer. If you are on Skype on your computer and want to call a land line or cell phone, you have to pay.

You can, though, call computer to computer without video. My dad would answer my calls with the wrong button and then I couldn't see him.

Ohhhh. It does seem pretty cool though except for the seeing the other person while you speak. I also like that I can walk around, like taking the pups out and then coming inside to fold laundry or whatnot. I like the freedom of a cell phone.

The iPhone has "Face Time", where you and the person you're talking to can see each other. Android probably has similar. Of course, when someone calls me using Face Time, I'm usually makeup-less and hair's a mess, and I scare them. That'll teach 'em. And I also forget I'm on Face Time, so folks can get a good shot of the inside of my ear.

Last edited:
Google has Google Hangouts where up to 9 people can video chat at the same time.

My partner is in a nerdy gaming club, and they are doing meetings/informational sessions with it. Everyone has a window at the bottom of the screen, and the person talking moves to the larger window, it works really well. They also save the sessions and put them on youtube for others in the club to watch, for informational purposes.

I love technology, I hope to be an old geezer that's up with the newest technology!

The iPhone has "Face Time", where you and the person you're talking to can see each other. Android probably has similar. Of course, when someone calls me using Face Time, I'm usually makeup-less and hair's a mess, and I scare them. That'll teach 'em. And I also forget I'm on Face Time, so folks can get a good shot of the inside of my ear.

My biggest gripe when Mom and my Brother showed up unexpectedly was I didn't have my teeth in...and no shoes on to hide my toes. Luckily I had just slipped on some sweats and t-shirt, I had a shorty nightie on about 5 min before they walked in.

My biggest gripe when Mom and my Brother showed up unexpectedly was I didn't have my teeth in...and no shoes on to hide my toes. Luckily I had just slipped on some sweats and t-shirt, I had a shorty nightie on about 5 min before they walked in.

:LOL: You need Face Time, so they can call and tell you they're coming! What they see is what they get!

:LOL: You need Face Time, so they can call and tell you they're coming! What they see is what they get!

There are some days I don't even brush my hair. Shrek wants a pizza delivery and I have to be presentable enough to open the door and shove money at some kid...:rolleyes:

CBS Sunday had a bit about the Jetsons. A lot of the cartoon has come true, including the phone with seeing who you're talking to. I remember an episode with Jane Jetson having a premade face that she used to talk when she wasn't quite at her best. I need one of those.

Back
Top Bottom