Tell me about Paypal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vagriller said:
Those emails are not from paypal. They are "phishing" emails which try to get account info from unsuspecting users. Calling paypal will do nothing to stop these emails from coming to you.
If you get phishing emails that say they are from ebay or paypal, first of all do not click on any links. Secondly, forward them to spoof@ebay or spoof@paypal (obviously depending on which one it is). They will investigate it. I get those kinds of emails now and then (especially the fake ebay ones).

As for the original question, we have only had one problem with paypal, and they took care of it immediately. Someone had managed to make it look like I had bought something and $500 was taken from my account. I let paypal and my bank know right away. Within 24 hours the money was back, the bank fees (for going in the hole) were removed, and everything was back to normal. What I learned from that experience is to change my password now and then. You should use a long password with a combination of capital and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols.

:) Barbara

DH buys thru paypal a lot and hasn't had a problem - he's bought everything from watch bands to a tractor. DD even bought a car and paid with paypal - no problem. Maybe they are just fortunate, but it pays to be cautious also. We don't respond to any of the phishing schemes - just forward to the facility mentioned. They take care of it.

Back
Top Bottom