Terrible Day Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
I am so very upset of this! Some classmates put this thing called Silly String all over my Joy! She was covered in it! I went to the parking lot with some classmates and they began to laugh of my Joy. I was so hurt of this I cried.

I put enough of this off the windshield to drive to the car wash and I knew people were looking and laughing of me. I could feel my face burn with very much shame.

The classmates think it is funny. I do not! When I cried, they told me to not become so serious over everything. No one understood of my hurt. Cars of my Joy are very large luxuries in Romania. For me to possess one of these, it means so very, very much to me. I take very good care for her.

Why is this so funny? I think it is a terrible thing. I could never do something of this to anyone.

My face burns just to think of this again.

With love,
~Cat

I'm so sorry to learn of this, Cat.

The people who did this are insensitive and have "small" minds who think only of themselves.

Try to rise above this unnecessary act and hold your head up high. Anyone who would do such a childish thing belongs in nursery school not college. Don't let this occupy much more of your time.

Get Joy cleaned up and go with honor.

I'm so sorry to hear that these people hurt you, Cat. They only think it's funny because it happened to someone else. It would not be funny if it happened to them. It was mean of them to do this. You are such a good person who would not hurt others and didn't deserve this.

{{{{hugs}}}}

I'm so sorry to learn of this, Cat.

The people who did this are insensitive and have "small" minds who think only of themselves.

Try to rise above this unnecessary act and hold your head up high. Anyone who would do such a childish thing belongs in nursery school not college. Don't let this occupy much more of your time.

Get Joy cleaned up and go with honor.

I cleaned her very well at the car wash. I took her to the one where you can wash your car with the sprayer and do this by hand. She is perfect again now.

I shall try to go above this. Thank you so very much, Katie H. And I shall try very hard to be away from this hurt. I received my new stove today, and this did make me happy.

With love,
~Cat

What an immature thing to do! Yes, hold your head up, Cat, you did absolutely nothing wrong. {{{{hugs}}}}

And have fun with your new stove!

I wouldn't say it's exactly funny either, at least not to you, but it is what's called a practical joke. They do not have these in Romania? It's an immature form of entertainment that is usually not so much fun to the person on the receiving end. Like pulling a chair out from someone sitting down, pushing someone into a lake, super gluing someone's lock so they can't get the key in...
As the saying goes, don't get mad, get even. In a good way. It is easy to cross the line, as it seems they have done.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Cat. That is an awful thing for them to do. Please don't feel ashamed. You have done nothing wrong. (((hugs)))

Thank you. ((hugs)) also to you. I am happy to know I am not alone of this.

With love,
~Cat

I'm so sorry to hear that these people hurt you, Cat. They only think it's funny because it happened to someone else. It would not be funny if it happened to them. It was mean of them to do this. You are such a good person who would not hurt others and didn't deserve this.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Thank you. I was wondering if because I am different of them that they did this?

Thank you for your kindness to me, and ((hugs)) also to you.

With love,
~Cat

What an immature thing to do! Yes, hold your head up, Cat, you did absolutely nothing wrong. {{{{hugs}}}}

And have fun with your new stove!

Thank you. I shall try to hold up my head.

My new stove is very amazing! ((hugs)) to you also.

With love,
~Cat

I have a feeling your classmates would have no idea as to what to do with a stove. They embarrassed you, but you are so much more mature and sensible. Thankfully, Joy was none the worse for the Silly String.

If this continues, it's called bullying, and it may need to be reported to the administrators.

Last edited:
Thank you. I was wondering if because I am different of them that they did this?

With love,
~Cat

Cat, unfortunately this is the typical mentality and behavior of our college kids today. It goes with binge drinking and other bad behaviors. If they had to work for their tuition they would be working harder at learning and not playing stupid acts of meanness on others. Sometimes bad things happen to very good people. That is you. A very good person. :angel:

Aw Pat, that wasn't very nice of them. Your classmates probably thought it made the car look funny. Try not to let them see you cry. Some mean people will do things to sensitive people, just to see them cry. I know it's hard. I used to get teased a lot until I learned how not to let them see me cry. I don't always succeed.

With love,
~Cat

As Pac said, this is known as a practical joke and happens often in the US. It is quite possible that the person who did it wasn't even aware that it was your car. They just did it to any car. As hard as it is, the best thing to do is to laugh it off. Sometimes if they know that it upset you they will continue to do it or something similar. Please don't think that it is because you are different. You are different in a good way, Cat! They would do well to try to be more like you.

What a terrible thing to do. The only thing I can think of is that they are jealous of the support you get from your family and how dedicated you are to DA.

I too had a bad day--I came home and went out to lock up the girls for the night only to find Giselle hanging off of the latch to the gate. She has a very deep puncture wound under her wing and was in shock--I stapled it shut with surgical staples, packed it with sugar, wrapped her in a towel and have her in a dog crate on a heating pad. I also gave her "chicken" electrolytes. I don't know what else to do. Hopefully she'll still be alive in the morning.

I wouldn't say it's exactly funny either, at least not to you, but it is what's called a practical joke. They do not have these in Romania? It's an immature form of entertainment that is usually not so much fun to the person on the receiving end. Like pulling a chair out from someone sitting down, pushing someone into a lake, super gluing someone's lock so they can't get the key in...
As the saying goes, don't get mad, get even. In a good way. It is easy to cross the line, as it seems they have done.

We do have these, but I do not see of the humor of defacing my Joy. Making farting sounds in a public restroom is a joke, but not of putting messy things on a car. This cost me $9.50 to the car wash to remove all of this and I had to go to the bank to ask of quarters and single dollars before going to the car wash.

Good jokes do not cost money. The lady at the bank window laughed at me also. She said she would do this to her husband's car sometime.

I feel very sorry of him. But I shall not retaliate even if I found who did this.

Mamma and Papa are very angry. Papa is to be calling the college tomorrow of this. It takes very much for Papa to become angry.

With love,
~Cat

As Pac said, this is known as a practical joke and happens often in the US. It is quite possible that the person who did it wasn't even aware that it was your car. They just did it to any car. As hard as it is, the best thing to do is to laugh it off. Sometimes if they know that it upset you they will continue to do it or something similar. Please don't think that it is because you are different. You are different in a good way, Cat! They would do well to try to be more like you.

I am trying to understand this, but I do know that good jokes do not cost people money. And the bank lady laughed at me. I felt very much humiliation of this.

Thank you for saying the nice things of me! You are very kind.

With love,
~Cat

I have a feeling your classmates would have no idea as to what to do with a stove. They embarrassed you, but you are so much more mature and sensible. Thankfully, Joy was none the worse for the Silly String.

If this continues, it's called bullying, and it may need to be reported to the administrators.

Thank you, Dawgluver. I have so many blessings. I cleaned Joy perfectly, and Papa is calling the college tomorrow.

I have not heard Papa to be angry like this for many years.

With love,
~Cat

I am trying to understand this, but I do know that good jokes do not cost people money. And the bank lady laughed at me. I felt very much humiliation of this.

Thank you for saying the nice things of me! You are very kind.

With love,
~Cat

Cat, I truly doubt the bank lady was laughing at you, she was laughing at the prank, not at you. Please don't feel humiliated, as we've said, this is not your fault. You are much stronger than this! I'm sure Joy enjoyed her (expensive) bath!

Cat, unfortunately this is the typical mentality and behavior of our college kids today. It goes with binge drinking and other bad behaviors. If they had to work for their tuition they would be working harder at learning and not playing stupid acts of meanness on others. Sometimes bad things happen to very good people. That is you. A very good person. :angel:

That is you also. Addie, you are a very good person.

They do drink to excess at times. I hear of these stories and they make me feel nervous. This is not the first time a mean thing has been done to a car. Someone put very many pounds of horse manure in a girl's truck. She is one who is nice to me.

Things of this are mean, and you are correct of this.

But I must say I am not working for my tuition. My parents are paying for this education.

Thank you, Addie.:angel:
An extra angel for you and your daughter.

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom