The Best Mother's Day Present

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First, I have to say thanks to everyone of you. I knew what the reaction was going to be before I posted. I know DC to be the most wonderful community on the planet. And among the many members, there are some truly great people who rise above the rest. You are those people who hold a tender place in my heart.

It was definetly the best Mother's Day surprize my wife could have received. We both love children, and well, like everyone said in the above posts, babies tug at your heart-strings. As for the question; "How cute is the baby gvoing to be?", if their parents are any indication, this child is going to be adorable. Each of my children drew oohs and ahhs from complete strangers. They were given gifts from complete strangers as we pushed their strollers through aisles. I couldn't believe at the time how they were fussed over. I thought they were the best looking babies on the planet, but chalked it up to me being a proud Daddy. And you know, Daddies are supposed to think that. Other people's reactions to each of my four children cemented that idea into my head. And the mother, well let's just say that she's a very attractive lady, not in the classic beauty way, but more in that wholesome, cute, and fit way. She's a very pretty young woman. My son not only picked a cute wife, but one who is extremely intelligent, and has a sound belief in God, and in the family. Her family is great and all of her siblings are attractive as well.

So, with the gene pool they have to choose from, I expect this baby to be one of a kind.

My son Troy, the father, has had girls chasing him since at least 2nd grade. In fact, his fifth-grade teacher gushed that she wished she was his age, and could grow up with him because he was so adorable. We thought that was a bit strange. But she was a good teacher, and harmless.

This child is going to be raised in the best possible circumstances, by two loving and intelligent parents, who are fitness crazy, and who enjoy so many healthy hobbies. They are bnoth very active in our Church and have sound moral beliefs to which they adhere to. And they have an extraordinary love for each other, and already for the baby. The only thing I'm worried about is that my son is even worse at lecturing than I am, and I was legendary, or so I'm told. But his wife has promissed to guide him. And she's good at it. She has him wrapped around her little finger. I can't even imagine how that baby is going to be able to do the same. I know that my kids did it to me.

Babies reafirm that all is not lost in the world. There is still hope. There are still good people, and their is still incomperable joy.

And now, there's a new child in the Flowers Family.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

G'weed, your beautiful announcement brought back a wonderful memory for me.

Four years ago, Buck and I drove to Carbondale, Illinois to visit our son and his wife of a little over a year and to attend his "honors" graduation from Southern Illinois University. He graduated on Saturday and Mother's Day was the next day.

Of course, I received a corsage to wear to the graduation ceremony and wore it on Mother's Day when all of us went out to dinner. Before we left their place, they gave me my Mother's Day card. When I opened it, the sonogram from their first child, Ian Marcus, fell out onto the floor at my feet. Naturally, I was a crying mess. But wonderful, happy tears.

Funny, too, because as Buck and I were driving to their place the day before, I mentioned that I'd had a feeling they were pregnant. He asked me what gave me that idea because they had given no indication in any of their previous conversations. I told him that, for some unknown reason, I felt it. You should've seen the look on his face when that sonogram fell out of the card.

Congratations Goodweed! I'm happy for you and your family.

Mother's Day was wonderful sitting around the table with my family, seeing my children happy and healthy, food on our table....that's all I need to make me happy. I hope you all mommies had a great one!
Hugs

Last edited:
Goodweed of the North said:
As my wife opened her Mother's Day card from my eldest son and his wonderful wife, she let out a minor shriek. I ran into the living room to see what was going on. She gushed "We're gonna be granparents." A lump formed in my throat and my ears began to tear up. I felt such joy at both her exuberance, and at the fact that I am going to be a grandpa. It is hard to put into words how much I love babies and children. I was born to be a Dad, and a Grandpa. That is my most important calling in life.

Our home was a very happy one today.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Congratulations and warm wishes to you and your growing family!!

My favorite DIL miscarried. The baby is no more. They believe it happened as far back as a month ago. She wasn't very far along. She and my son are doing fine and believe strongly that our Heavenly Father knows what he's doing. They will keep trying and are sure they will have children.

Still, it was a sad day in our home.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I wish I knew the magic words to take away the pain, but I don't think they exist. I am truly sorry for you and your family.

I'm so sorry for the loss. I can certainly appreciate the feelings you all must be having and hope that soon there will be a reason to celebrate.

Faith

Goodweed, reading all your messages lets me know that you have faith the Father knows what is best. We have to accept His will. Seems unfair and then again we know He loves us. In some way, HE prepares us for what He has planned. Please accept my sympathy for your familys loss. May HE give you strength you all need.

Goodweed - I can only say that I am truly sorry and I will say a prayer. It sounds like they have a bright future, a strong faith, and WONDERFUL family!

Thank you all. Your sincere prayers and sympathy is appreciated. We are all doing well and have let the Comforter do what has been promised in the scriptures. We are at peace with this event, and know that Heavenly Father will one day enlighten us with the answers we all crave.

Seeeeeeya; Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed,You always can be counted on to speak a comforting word for those of us who need it here on DC.We know you will be there to lend your shoulder and offer us a little morsal to get us through those roungh spots. Now, I'm hoping that we can do the same for you. I hope you know, that you have my deepest sympathy and that your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Even when things seem the darkest, there is always a glimmer there to give us hope.kadesma

Goodweed, I'm so sorry for you and your family. It doesn't matter how far along your DIL was, it still hurts so much. You're all so blessed to have each other, I know you'll support each other through this, only to come out a stronger, closer family than you already are.

Back
Top Bottom