The Best Way to Impress a Woman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Any thoughts? (I didn't write it.)

The Best Way to Impress a Woman

If you want to win her heart, you don't need expensive presents or jewelry. All you need is a restaurant reservation. Men who want to impress a woman will do best to wine and dine her. Who says so? Not advice columnists. Not psychologists. Not marriage counselors. Not even women. Mathematicians say so. A team of mathematicians from Imperial College London developed a mathematical formula to determine the best way to woo a woman. They did this by modeling courtship as a sequential game, report Reuters and New Scientist.

The results:

Cheap gifts: Women aren't impressed. Don't waste your money.

Expensive gifts: These definitely show a woman that the man in question has serious intentions, but the ploy can backfire if the woman is a gold-digger. Once she receives the gift, it's bye-bye Mister.

Dinner dates: A dinner at a fancy restaurant or an elegant evening at the theater are considered expensive, but worthless gifts. (They're "worthless" because they don't have lasting value, such as a diamond pendant or a ruby ring). Why is a worthless gift so effective? If the woman is not interested and doesn't accept the invitation, there is no cost to the man. Spending a lot of money on dates is essential to impress the woman. Don't think a cheap fast food dinner followed by an at-home video on the old TV will do the trick. "Our analysis shows there is evolutionary logic in men 'burning money' to impress the girl," study co-author Robert Seymour told Reuters.

The takeaway: Dinner is better than a diamond, but the dinner had better include three courses, a bottle of wine, and a white linen tablecloth with romantic lighting. Violinists are optional. The study findings were published in the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society of London.

I think that if a man cooked me a romantic dinner and then took me to a play
I would be very happy. I like going out and being wined and dined but if he cooks.. I'd be more impressed and fall for him even harder.

Last edited:
the best way?

buy her platinum, don't make her cry, say those new jeans look really good on her (but you have to notice the new jeans first, and if you don't like the new jeans, don't say so. just say, 'are those new jeans?' unless you like being put into tears.), take her out for expensive dinners, don't fear the word 'commitment', smile when she says, 'i think we need to talk about some things', and you will find a happy woman.:-p
and when she tries to dress you up, guys, just go with it.

Last edited:
I have found that the best way to impress a woman is to show her that you listen to her and care about what she says. If she tells you that she loves animals and that her favorite comfort food growing up was celery sticks with peanut butter then take her to the zoo for the day and pack some celery sticks with peanut butter as a snack. If she says she really does not like fancy restaurants then don't bring her to one just because you think all woman must like that even if they say they don't. Listen to what they say and respect what they say. Do things that show you put some thought into it.

Of course this is coming from a guy so I may be way off the mark here :mrgreen:

GB said:
I have found that the best way to impress a woman is to show her that you listen to her and care about what she says. If she tells you that she loves animals and that her favorite comfort food growing up was celery sticks with peanut butter then take her to the zoo for the day and pack some celery sticks with peanut butter as a snack. If she says she really does not like fancy restaurants then don't bring her to one just because you think all woman must like that even if they say they don't. Listen to what they say and respect what they say. Do things that show you put some thought into it.

Of course this is coming from a guy so I may be way off the mark here :mrgreen:

You're right on the mark, GB--good for you (and Mrs. GB)!!!:) :)

GB you are so right!!

Men always say they don't understand women.
It sounds like you might understand that the key to
understanding is listening with an open mind and an
an open heart. :heart::heart::heart:

My husband took me to all the restaurants in Old Town Alexandria that I could never afford to go to. By DC metro standards, not enormous expense. But when he won my heart he made me beef stroganof ... but what won me over wasn't the meal so much as that it was served on nice china, silver and crystal. The china and silver have resided in our house for 23 years now (I broke and we replaced most of the crystal over the years). It wasn't so much money that won me over, but a sensitivity to what I like. For example, my favorite restaurants then and to this day tend to be little immigrant Mom & Pop places -- I ate my first Thai, Vietnamese and Korean food with my then-boyfriend and his friends. The other men I dated would spring for something expensive in hopes of it "paying off". He would spring for the expensive places, but the point was that he had the taste to set a nice table, keep a decently clean house, and be adventurous enough to try new cuisines. We've travelled a lot, and he still can find the little hole-in-the-wall immigrant places I love ... and even though we're retired, he'll still spring for one or two $$$$$$ a year and make me feel like a milllion dollars.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom