The British Have a Word For It

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
knackered: tired, worn out, ready for the boneyard, etc. etc.

I'm knackered.

So hi to everybody and all that. I'm just gonna sit here and read quietly for awhile.

And no, I don't have all my Christmas shopping/carding/baking/yada yada done yet.

Done shopping,
crafting,
carding,
almost done wrapping
haven't hardly started the baking
and haven't done a thing about decorating and I'm already .... very very knackered!

mudbug said:
knackered: tired, worn out, ready for the boneyard, etc. etc.

I'm knackered.

So hi to everybody and all that. I'm just gonna sit here and read quietly for awhile.

And no, I don't have all my Christmas shopping/carding/baking/yada yada done yet.

....and I went out to get in my car only to find a flat tire. At least it can be plugged. :LOL: I can only laugh at this point...is this when they put you in that nice white jacket with the long sleeves? :ROFLMAO:

Lean on me Mud....we'll get there eventually. Perhaps Pepe can bring the car around. :LOL:

Ya see! I knew it would happen. All that lounging has made you soft. I may not be completely ready yet, but I will be by the time Christmas rolls around. And I have tons of energy. See, I'm dancing an energetic jig. And I'm even now printing out twwenty copies of 12 pages of christmas carols that we're going to practice tonight so that we can go out caroling on Saturday, and this after a strong eight hour day at work.

Come on, suck it up ladies and gents. Time waits fo no one, not even the tired.

Goodweed running and ducking, weaving like crazy to avoid misiles thrown by everyone.

But really, I know the feeling. I'm pretty energetic today. But if you had seen me draggin around the last two days, you'd know that I've been there too, and just recently. Too little sleep and too much to do are the rules right now. I hope I can maintain my current energy level in spite of the miserably cold rain that's been ruining my hopes for a white Christmas. I hate rainy and cold weather. When it was snowing and 15 degrees last week, I was in my element and smiling. Today, well I just have to make the best of it.

Wishing you all a good week, a good night, and a chance to get some quality rest and a bit of laughter in your life.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

"Lean on me"

Thanks, you two. Now I've had that song running through my head, over and over.

On second thoughts, it maybe better than the pseudo Christmas carols!!!!:LOL:

Knackered. Yep, that's the word. I don't even have the energy for an exclamation point.

Half Baked said:
....and I went out to get in my car only to find a flat tire. At least it can be plugged. :LOL: I can only laugh at this point...is this when they put you in that nice white jacket with the long sleeves? :ROFLMAO:

I feel for you! My defrost button in my car just quit working :mad: Why does this happen just when I need my defrost the most? :LOL::wacko:

Ya know how I was dancing a jig and full of energy yetsterday? Well that was yesterday.:sleep: All things considered, today, I'd rather be in bed.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Well, I'm shrugging off the frustration from yesterday and even though I still don't have my car fixed, I feel more energeric today and more in the Spirit of the Season. :)

Everything will be done...slowly but surely.

lol Amber - car problems - bah humbug :ROFLMAO:

a little Info-byte if your interested, Knackered goes Way back, old retired horses would go off to the Knackers yard for... well nevermind.

and that`s where the saying came from :)

The most knackered moment of the day by far, is ironically, at the beginning of my day when I drag myself out of the bed!:wacko:
I even move around like a pig in a knackeryard! (knackeryard=slaughter house)

Last edited:
thanks for the brief etymology, yt and urm. never heard of that before.

i need to get on the dog and bone to my scot buds over a bullock and steer, so i can learn new dickie birds, easy peasy lemon squeezy. :)

i'm quite knackered myself. over the last month or so, i've worked 1 week of days, 2 weeks of midnights, 1 week of days, and i'm back on the midnight shift again. next week, back on days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom