The Countertop Guys are here...........Yippee!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
They just showed up!!! I about jumped in their arms when they knocked on the door..........no just kidding. But for those of you who have done a kitchen remodel you know what I mean.

What kind of counters are you getting? How old is you house originally? We had a little work done on our kitchen, and even though our town is 85% old historic buildings, you'd be amazed at how hard it was to get people in to try to keep the spirit of the kitchen going and be able to deal with the fact that nothing is level or and right angles!!!

Claire said:
What kind of counters are you getting? How old is you house originally? We had a little work done on our kitchen, and even though our town is 85% old historic buildings, you'd be amazed at how hard it was to get people in to try to keep the spirit of the kitchen going and be able to deal with the fact that nothing is level or and right angles!!!

We had granite installed and its absolutely gorgeous. I think I'll end up waiting till its all done anyway before I take pics though. I still can't get over how pretty it is and it brings out the colors in my cabinets.

Our home was built in the Civil War Era. I still need to go to the courthouse to get proof as far as documentation. We know because of signs within the house. Ax was used to cut the beams.....wood pegs were used....etc.... A friend of ours is into old houses and he's a contractor. He's the one that told us. We thought it was 1900 as the sellers told us but he said thats when they started keeping abstracts.

There's no way to get everything super level in this house....hee hee. At times it bothers me but other times its no biggie really. I'll take an old house with history over a brand new one any day. I love standing on my front porch and looking out and thinking that 130+ years ago someone else stood there.

That's really cool, Sizz! I love old houses, even the drafts and problems. It get's aggravating sometimes,but, it's worth it.

Most def. Tex! We discovered that non of the walls are insulated, which was a little on the chilly side from March to now. However, this is a total make-over house so we're gutting walls, ceiling, floors and replacing windows and doors. Plus, all the other stuff that goes into remodeling. So we'll be able to insulate the remaining walls really well....once we get to those areas of the house. I stuffed so much insulation in that kitchen....I got every nook and cranny....:LOL:

Kitchen Remodel

We are remodeling our kitchen and don't even have the drywall finished but the new cupboards are stacked in the dining room and the counter guy is coming to measure on Monday. I am very excited but scared that we won't be ready for measuring by Monday!

Back
Top Bottom