The die-hard sports fans out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tito is a class act from start to finish. I hated the way the Sox ran him out of town.
They weren't very tactful in their disposal of Dombrowski, either. Himself and I couldn't understand why they would bring him in, knowing that his management style was akin to medieval plundering and village burning. Then we realized that was exactly the work management wanted him to do: get another World Series at all costs. He gets them one, and they couldn't even dismiss him with a press conference, hiding behind a press release instead. Tacky.

If I were tossing names into a meaningful hat for GM candidates, I'd suggest that the Sox hire Josh Byrnes. He has a strong scouting background from working with the Indians' John Hart in the 1990s. Back then, the Tribe had one of the deepest minor leagues in the majors. Byrnes has a history with the Sox, as an asst. GM under Theo. Hart and Theo - two of the best minds in the business. Not bad stock to grow up from.

Dumbo was brought in for a World Series and he delivered. However, in the process he signed some awful deals and decimated the farm system. The Sox know they need a multi-front attack rebuilding their farm system, bolstering their pitching while managing their payroll so they don't have to pay a huge surcharge. Not gonna be easy and they didn't trust Dumbo to do that.

Oh the agony! (Browns lose to the Rams by a TD)

Oh the ecstasy! (Indians keep post-season hopes alive by pulling into a tie for the 2nd wild card slot)

In other news: How 'bout them Ohio State Buckeyes? Second- and third string players on the field and they were still scoring. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom