The European Travelling Apron?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

urmaniac13

Executive Chef
Well Jkath got this lovely idea of the travelling apron.. well now she and I got to talking, as there are members on this side of the pond (in Europe), and maybe it is a bit inconvenient to bounce it across the Atlantic ocean, how about a separate European Apron amongst us Europeans?

As I saw the interests in the original apron thread, the apron list so far is..

-Urmaniac13
-Cara
-Jikoni

anyone to follow us up?

Ok Pick One or the other, Life only comes around once ! :cool: Just Do it ! :chef:

Attachments

• trevi.jpeg
    trevi.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 228
awww, we should all be on the same apron. 1 world, not 3, ya know?
we should just adjust the list so it travels around each continent before being sent off to the next.

buckytom said:
awww, we should all be on the same apron. 1 world, not 3, ya know?
we should just adjust the list so it travels around each continent before being sent off to the next.

Hey Bucky, that would be ideal but then we found out the shipping cost is ridiculously high (though we are somewhat in doubt at the price we have seen so far... 50 dollars, some verification may be necessary...)

Or do you know any UPS guy that you can buy off with a couple of brews?:LOL:

That must be wrong... I mail things to Greece every now and again and I've never paid that much, not even close. Check out the post office instead of Fed x or UPS. MUCH CHEAPER.

I agree, it can't cost that much! I've shipped t-shirts to Australia for $10 max using air mail at the post office. Once the apron has been shipped across the Atlantic, just make sure it hits all the europeans that want to be a part of this before shipping it back to the US. How do I add my name to the list?

[SIZE=-1]Airmail Parcel Post[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]4 - 10 Days [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]$20.05[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Economy (Surface) Parcel Post[/SIZE] 4-6 weeks $19.25
[SIZE=-2](Rate for pieces 5 pounds or less)[/SIZE]

From the usps website. A 2 lb package from my house to Italy. I'd be happy to send it over.

i would be willing to kick in to help cover the shipping costs, if someone could help organize that, behind the scenes, respecting privacy of course. i would rather have more people included than have someone on a tight budget stay out because of the cost.

i checked with the post office: the package is just under 2 pounds, so the lowest cost way to ship it to germany or italy would be roughly $15 US. it would take about a week for delivery.

if it's a problem for anyone, just ship it back to me, and i'll send it overseas.

i think we're gonna need a bigger box, even if you sit on my lap. don't forget the vent holes, and of course, a cooler...

okay, I'll sit on your lap, but the cooler needs to have two compartments: one for lemonade spiked with vanilla vodka, and the other for a nice pale beer. Do you think tortilla chips will fit through the vent holes?

i think we can get ronjohn to wear a monkey suit, and feed us the chips thru the vent holes... he's always game.

jkath said:
okay, I'll sit on your lap, but the cooler needs to have two compartments: one for lemonade spiked with vanilla vodka, and the other for a nice pale beer. Do you think tortilla chips will fit through the vent holes?

vanilla vodka? What's that? Devil's stuff? *brrr*

It was me that told jkath of the cost of shipping. I was checking with ups and fedex and it was $47 and up to ship to Germany, until pds knocked me in the head and told me to check with usps. From here to Hannover, Germany, it will cost about $14-$22 for priority, which is 3-7 business days. THAT is where the the price came from. No, I wasn't wrong in the price, I was just looking at the wrong kind of shipping.

Back
Top Bottom