The Food List Challenge - How Many Have You Tried?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have tried 74 of the items on the list. Most of the ones I haven't tried are not available in the U.S., like Kobe beef and fugu. And I need to check with my parents on a couple. My dad used to hunt when I was a kid, but I don't remember whether we ate rabbit or squirrel :)

How about you?

I've eaten 91 by my count.

I have a hard time imagining only trying 20 things on that list....

Is that what they said the average was? I didn't click on anything else after it wanted to take me to a Facebook page.

Is that what they said the average was? I didn't click on anything else after it wanted to take me to a Facebook page.

I was a bit off-put with that too, but after you log in to FB, you have the option to post or not, it still gives you your total. Though I suppose you could do it the old fashioned way and just count the items!

I was a bit off-put with that too, but after you log in to FB, you have the option to post or not, it still gives you your total. Though I suppose you could do it the old fashioned way and just count the items!

Did something say 20 was normal or the average?
I'm trying to figure out where Jenny came up with that.

Yes. See the OP. Seems like there are way too many ordinary things on the list (ribs, bread pudding, root beer float) to average out to 20.

65 for me, there were a few combos that had something I don't like by itself (like root beer in particular) so I would never try and quite a few things I would try but have never had access to like durian and kangaroo as 2 examples I can remember. The cactus pears I've seen in grocery just don't look appetizing to me (I think they are over-ripe, don't really know but that's what they look like to me, mushy kind of). I just can't get past even the thought of frog legs, chittlins and snake, though I've had people try to talk me into them, but I do eat and love escargot, just my quirk I guess.

Yes. See the OP. Seems like there are way too many ordinary things on the list (ribs, bread pudding, root beer float) to average out to 20.

Duh :LOL:
I must have clicked right on the link after reading the subject line.

49.... but I have to admit, I don't know some of these things and didn't want to translate...
so maybe I ate them, but don't know, because they were german ;o)

I did it again and I came up with 27. Half of those things I've never heard of. Believe me, if my husband did this he would probably come up with 10!!!

PS: I went back and did it based on what I think my husband would have had and I got 15. He's better than I thought.

There are some perfectly normal things on the list that just don't appeal to me, such as a rootbeer float or a moon pie.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom