The Impossible Burger is here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would be interested, but it uses yam, which I'm not supposed to eat. I'm not supposed to have soy either, but I doubt the heme, extracted from soy beans is estrogenic. I would have to verify that. I sure hope nobody tries to serve me this to see if I can tell.

I think I'll stick with real red meat. Interesting concept, though.

Last edited:
As someone who was vegetarian for over a decade and has now gone back to eating only a token amount of poultry and fish (no pork or beef), I wouldn't try it. I have never been a fan of the no-meat meat products.

But that is just me. :)

I am an Omnivore, I eat meat and plants...I like my meat to be meat. If I need plants I'll have a salad.

Soylent Green is People

It's sure not for me but the video's were interesting. If it really tastes just like meat, I wonder if Vegetarians will even like it? Seems to me if they liked the taste of meat, they would be eating it.

It's sure not for me but the video's were interesting. If it really tastes just like meat, I wonder if Vegetarians will even like it? Seems to me if they liked the taste of meat, they would be eating it.
While that might be true for some vegetarians, many are vegetarian for ethical, spiritual, or health reasons.

Veggie burgers have been around for some time now. This burger steps it up a notch.

It's almost as if this idea is repulsive to any vegan getting any beef taste at all.

Last edited:
While that might be true for some vegetarians, many are vegetarian for ethical, spiritual, or health reasons.

Yes, you have a point there Taxi. On the other hand, I'd guess the hype about it looks, tastes, bleeds like meat would be a turn off for those folks too?
I sure hope Larry and Janet show up here for their take on it.

"If god meant us to be vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat?"

Sorry...I just had to add that saying into this conversation. Ignore it.

Yes, you have a point there Taxi. On the other hand, I'd guess the hype about it looks, tastes, bleeds like meat would be a turn off for those folks too?
I sure hope Larry and Janet show up here for their take on it.
When people stop eating meat for ethical or health reasons (not that I agree with the health one), it doesn't mean they don't miss it. If I was a vegetarian for those reasons, I'd try it.

Someone in the Master Food Volunteer class I took said that jackfruit tastes just like pulled pork. People like savory foods for a reason and that would satisfy the craving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom