The Most Iconic Movie Line Ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's one I wish I could quote but don't know the words well enough. It's Henry Fonda's lines at the very end of Grapes of Wrath, essentially saying that "Wherever men struggle for equality, I'll be there." Shoot. I get a lump in my throat just picturing the scene -- his face as he speaks and those of his Okie family.

There's one I wish I could quote but don't know the words well enough. It's Henry Fonda's lines at the very end of Grapes of Wrath, essentially saying that "Wherever men struggle for equality, I'll be there." Shoot. I get a lump in my throat just picturing the scene -- his face as he speaks and those of his Okie family.

"Well, maybe it's like Casy says. A fella ain't got a soul of his own - just a little piece of a big soul. The one big soul that belongs to everybody...Then it don't matter. I'll be all around in the dark. I'll be everywhere - wherever you can look. Wherever there's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad. I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready. And when the people are eatin' the stuff they raise, and livin' in the houses they build, I'll be there, too."

memories don't always reflect reality.......... believe me, I'm comfortable with all the things I "Remember" that dw tells me never actually happened that way.LOL

Last edited:
I think this thread keeps straying from the most iconic line ever to some of your favorite lines.

I think this thread keeps straying from the most iconic line ever to some of your favorite lines.

But, there are so many great movie lines out there!

Inigo Montoya: Offer me money.
Count Rugen: Yes!
Inigo Montoya: Power, too, promise me that.
Count Rugen: All that I have and more. Please...
Inigo Montoya: Offer me anything I ask for.
Count Rugen: Anything you want...
Inigo Montoya
: I want my father back, you son of a b!tch!

Shrek has been saying:

"Just a bit outside!" from Major League.

Inigo Montoya: Offer me money.
Count Rugen: Yes!
Inigo Montoya: Power, too, promise me that.
Count Rugen: All that I have and more. Please...
Inigo Montoya: Offer me anything I ask for.
Count Rugen: Anything you want...
Inigo Montoya
: I want my father back, you son of a b!tch!
Every single line in this movie is quotable!

Every single line in this movie is quotable!

Maybe we need to set up a poll of the ten best lines, your pick, and vote for the best one, to get the MOST Iconic!

Almost 100 posts, the most Iconic should be in here somewhere.

Last edited:
more from mel brooks:

come here, chicken, i don't want to hurt you. i just want to make you kosher.

oh you men are all alike.7 or 8 quick ones and you're off with the boys to boast and brag.

hump, what hump?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom