The Olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a fan of curling but I’ve watched some of it on every winter Olympic.
Anyway I’m watching this today and realized for the very first time that these guys are not wearing skates but some specialized shoes for this sport.

The Russian team needed drugs to be better at curling?

I need drugs just to watch curling...

Thank you, roadfix, for the heads up. I was able to catch the OT period and shootout.

WOOHOO!

The US team deserved the win. Canada has stroger skaters, but we played better as a team. Better communication on the ice.

Congrats to US womens hockey team defeating Canada, their national sport, for the gold. Canada looked not so happy posing with their silver medals. One of the three podium recipients ripped her medal and ribbon off (*camera click*). :LOL:

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but where the hell did the giant downhill ramp ski competition go? I heard that the winds were too strong. I remember at least a day or two of coverage in past Olympics for this event. These Olympics weren't played in ideal conditions I'm sorry to say. Reports say they had to water down the snow to soften it up. Some complained the ice hard snow damaged their equipment. A lot of tickets were sold to these events, but many stayed away from spectating because of the harsh winter conditions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom