The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to the ophthalmologist last week for my biannual glaucoma tests and checkup. He gave me a new prescription for a second kind of eye drops. I used them for two days and now my eyes are all red and itchy and the skin around my eyes is red and puffy. It's also making my vision blurry. I've been using "dry eye tears" and it helps with the itching. I wanted to use Visine, but it says on the package not to use those drops if you have glaucoma. This happened about a year ago with a different kind of eye drops. I'll be calling my ophthalmologist tomorrow. This is not putting me in a good mood. I hope the food that just arrives does put me in a good mood.

Taxy - unless the ophthalmologist warned you that this could happen - I would STOP using those drop right away - (you didn't say if you had).

I've tried to adjust taking new meds within a time frame of when I can reach the prescribing dr. that doesn't land on a weekend!

Doesn't always work but it's worth thinking about.

Good Luck!

Taxy - unless the ophthalmologist warned you that this could happen - I would STOP using those drop right away - (you didn't say if you had).

I've tried to adjust taking new meds within a time frame of when I can reach the prescribing dr. that doesn't land on a weekend!

Doesn't always work but it's worth thinking about.

Good Luck!

I did stop taking them. I had a similar reaction to other Rx eye drops about a year ago. That time it didn't happen until I had been taking them for months.

I like your idea about timing the start of using a 'script so you can get hold of a doctor.

Taxy, feel better!

Thank you. I am feeling a lot better with a second day of not using the new eye drops. The skin around my eyes is still a bit red, but other than that, my eyes look fairly normal. They no longer look like squinty, little slits. Also, almost all the itching has stopped.

I phoned the ophthalmology clinic today and explained to the receptionist. She spoke with my doctor and phoned me back.

I am supposed to stop taking both of my eye drop prescriptions for a week. Then I start a new prescription. I have an appointment to see the doctor in about two months. The receptionist said to come by the clinic to pick up a new 'script once I had gone a week with no Rx eye drops. I convinced her that I wouldn't start using the new 'script early, so she would fax it to my pharmacy, which is now done. I will phone the pharmacy for a delivery next week.

Taxy, good luck with the new eye drops. Adjusting to new meds or new anything can be a pain. I swear the older I get the more I think "why bother?". :LOL: I hope your attitude is more flexible.

Hi, all. Just wanted to let you know that my hip replacement surgery went well today. I've already had my first PT session and that went well, too. Some patients go home the next day, but with all the other health issues I have, I'm expecting to go home Friday. DH has taken a week off from work and requested another week depending on how things go.

Have a nice evening [emoji2]

GG, great to read that it went well and you have already managed to start PT. Sending healing vibes. God bedring (Danish for good bettering).

Thanks very much, friends [emoji2] DH takes good care of me, even when I'm in the hospital. He brought me KFC chicken and mashed potatoes this evening for dinner and the green beans that came with the hospital dinner were decent with salt and pepper on them ;) :wub:

Thank you so much for the update, GG! So glad to hear your surgery went well, and you really seem to be in good spirits.

Hugs to you, and best wishes for a very speedy recovery. :flowers::wub:

Thanks again, everyone! [emoji2] I'm going home this afternoon! I was honestly surprised I'm able to go home so soon. I had a physical therapy session this morning that went very well, so as soon as they finish the paperwork, we're outta here!

Josie, I decided to have the surgery as soon as I was diagnosed because I'm terrified of falling and really hurting myself. The X-ray showed that I had almost no cartilage in the joint and sometimes I had sudden, sharp pain while walking that affected my balance. It was scary.

Back
Top Bottom