The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck, Addie. I'm guessing you have to fast in case the decide to send you straight away to surgery? When do you go? Mom and I will be praying for you.

Mom had her yearly physical Monday, everything turned out good except for her triglycerides. Dr recommended fish oil tablets for 3 months and will do another set of labs in January.

Next week I go. The reason for fasting is that they are doing a Doppler type study on the arteries in my abdomen. The know what the blockage is as far as my legs right now. But the doctor wants to see if there is any other arterial problems that may be contributing to my leg flow of blood.

Good luck on the Doppler next week.

I've come down with an icky change-of-weather cold. Hate it when that happens.

Thank you. I intend to stay up all night before I go in. It is a long test and you have to stay still. So if I sleep through it, all the better.

Thank you. I intend to stay up all night before I go in. It is a long test and you have to stay still. So if I sleep through it, all the better.

That would work for me, too.

My cold seems to be better today. Hope no one else gets an icky change-of-weather cold thing. It's NO fun.

That would work for me, too.

My cold seems to be better today. Hope no one else gets an icky change-of-weather cold thing. It's NO fun.

Pirate has a humdinger of a cold. Throat is swollen, talks funny sounding, wants to stay in bed all day. Fine with me. My cold has decided I am a lousy host and is on the way out. Fine with me also.

It's 65ºF. today here. Not warm, not cold. Just eh! I had the window open for about two inches. And it got cold in here. So had to close it. Now it is too hot. I can't seem to win.

The Oncologist has decided Shrek needs at least one more chemo treatment. He is bummed. Even with the change in drugs, Shrek still needed magnesium supplementation. Nap time for me.

Pirate has a humdinger of a cold. Throat is swollen, talks funny sounding, wants to stay in bed all day. Fine with me. My cold has decided I am a lousy host and is on the way out. Fine with me also.

It's 65ºF. today here. Not warm, not cold. Just eh! I had the window open for about two inches. And it got cold in here. So had to close it. Now it is too hot. I can't seem to win.

Hope Pirate's feeling better today. Maybe your cold decided he's a better host. It's 64 and yucky looking outside today. Mom and I went to Walmart today, glad to be home now.

Here's some irony for you - I just found this thread and have been putting my health woes all over the place! :LOL:

Good news: my cold/bronchitis/sinus infection merry-go-round seems to have stopped.
Bad news: the coughing set off my sciatica and brought up a new pain in my lumbar region, just above my fractures. The sciatica is getting better but the other pain has become a new chronic one. The only suggestion the doctor had is that the coughing might have jarred one of the fracture sites.

I have been otherwise doing okay, though laying low to try and fit the new pain into my management regimen.

I haven't been on in a while because I've been dealing with atrial flutter for the past month. It's been a wild ride. One day I saw my ortho doc to see about my knee pain. We decided on Euflexxa injections. The next day I saw my primary doc for my semi annual blood work check up. My pulse was 140!! So a simple appointment turned into something else. EKG, echocardiogram scheduled, new meds. Unfortunately the meds did NOT work at all. 3 weeks later, I can't function. Lightheaded, dizzy, short of breath with a lump in my throat. To the ER and got some wonderful IV drugs that got my heart rate down to 60 from 140. New meds prescribed. 4 days later, nearly the same symptoms. Back to the ER where they tried the IV drugs again without much change. Admission time! Spent the weekend in the hospital and got cardioversion done Monday. Stayed home Tuesday and saw the arrhythmia cardiologist. Planning surgery for Jan. to permanently fix this. I've been feeling lots better since they shocked my heart back to normal. Didn't realize how bad I had been feeling until I started feeling well! Lots of new meds for the time being but hope to reduce those after surgery. Thankful to still be here and have the energy for the Christmas season!

(((Hugs jabbur))) wow! That must have scared you good and proper. I'm glad they have a plan for a permanent fix.

(((Gentle hugs LP))) Just when it was getting better, something else went wrong. I hope that heals up soon and well.

jabbur, sorry you have had to go through all that. I hope you continue "on the mend" in time for the holidays.

Hugs for jabbur and LP [emoji813] So sorry you're having such a hard time. Glad you're feeling better for the holidays.

I had a painful flare-up of Crohn's disease recently, but it's under control with a new medication.

LP, I think you have it backwards. Isn't it when one door closes, another opens? Sounds like you keep getting a door slammed into your face each time you walk through an open one. :neutral: I hope that sciatica flare-up clears up soon and you're feeling great for Christmas - but sooner. (hug)

jabbur, what a scary situation! I'm glad the doctors have things under control for you now. It sounds like your problem is similar to what Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona went through this baseball season. He ended up having a procedure called a cardiac ablation and was back to managing baseball games a week or so later. Please keep us updated on how things are going for you. (hug)

Would anyone like a free husband? Himself is still a miserable pile of mucus. Goober is staying away...and quite possibly eating garlic! :LOL: Loverly headed over to her guy friend's house "just to drop something off" and didn't come back for five hours. Me? I hid in the kitchen making candy. Methinks the poor guy will be staying home by himself for Christmas day...:cry:

You don't think I'm going to stay around to get sick, do you? Nope, I'm getting out of Dodge, too. :LOL: I love him - I really do.

Remember I did something to my back, back in October. Well, I'm still dealing with that. It doesn't hurt anymore unless I sit up with no back rest for too long or stand up for more than about five minutes. I have started physiotherapy. I have been camping out in the bedroom with occasional visits downstairs. Stirling has been taking wonderful care of me. Yes, I have my laptop in bed with me.

Back
Top Bottom