The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How was the test? Horrible?
It really wasn't that bad. It's uncomfortable, as they say, but it was over pretty quickly and I had no lasting pain. But I get really bad chronic headaches (not migraine) and I've had Crohn's disease for over 30 years. I've had much more painful experiences.

It really wasn't that bad. It's uncomfortable, as they say, but it was over pretty quickly and I had no lasting pain. But I get really bad chronic headaches (not migraine) and I've had Crohn's disease for over 30 years. I've had much more painful experiences.

Glad to hear it wasn't that bad. I'm also glad that you, unlike loads of people, understand that "really bad headache" doesn't necessarily mean migraine. In fact, it sounds like your headaches are probably worse than the majority of my migraine headaches. (((hugs)))

Glad to hear it wasn't that bad. I'm also glad that you, unlike loads of people, understand that "really bad headache" doesn't necessarily mean migraine. In fact, it sounds like your headaches are probably worse than the majority of my migraine headaches. (((hugs)))
Thanks, friend [emoji2]

Yeah, migraine gets all the publicity! [emoji38] j/k

I started getting headaches at 11 years old and wasn't diagnosed and effectively treated for six years. I have the constant, unremitting type. Here's more information if you're interested.

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/all-disorders/hemicrania-continua-information-page

Yikes! I looked it up on Wikipedia as well. That sounds horrible. Does treatment work for you?
Yes, the Indocin works for me, but it has caused intestinal issues, along with Crohn's. My GI doctor wishes I would stop taking it. Lucky for me, I've been with my family doctor since I was diagnosed with Crohn's, and he's seen me go without Indocin, so he continues to prescribe it for me.

So now I have pink eye! Argh, argh and argh again! My eyes are red and drippy and there's no proven effective treatment! Although the doctor told me that there is anecdotal evidence that an anti-viral medicine can reduce the length and severity of the infection. So I'm going to try it. Wish me luck [emoji256]

Oh nos! I thought that there were eye drops that can be prescribed. When I was a kid, the older sis of my best friend got pink eye often. I kinda remember her using drops.

No matter what, I hope it's gone soon.

I'm sorry to read that GG. Did your doctor get to see what it looks like? I ask because, it can be bacterial, viral, chemical, or an allergic reaction. In any case, god bedring (Danish for good bettering).

Oh nos! I thought that there were eye drops that can be prescribed. When I was a kid, the older sis of my best friend got pink eye often. I kinda remember her using drops.

Thanks. They've made a lot of progress in understanding how viruses work since then. Pink eye generally resolves in a week to 10 days, like the common cold. So for your friend's sister, it could have been the natural course of the disease rather than the drops. And it's very contagious, so I have to be careful not to spread it around the house and infect DH. If people don't know this, they could reinfect themselves by touching their things and then their eyes and faces. Sound familiar? ;)

The doctor did prescribe drops, but apparently there's no solid evidence that it works - just anecdotal. I'm willing to try,since there are no serious side effects.
I'm sorry to read that GG. Did your doctor get to see what it looks like? I ask because, it can be bacterial, viral, chemical, or an allergic reaction. In any case, god bedring (Danish for good bettering).
Thank you. After a visual exam with dye, she said it's viral, like a cold, but in the eyes instead of the respiratory system. Apparently there are several different viruses that can cause similar symptoms.

Last edited:

I think there are drops that work for the bacterial version.

They've made a lot of progress in understanding how viruses work since then. She did prescribe drops, but apparently there's no solid evidence that it works. I'm willing to try. After a visual exam with dye, she said it's viral, like a cold, but in the eyes instead of the respiratory system. Apparently there are several different viruses that can cause similar symptoms.

Fingers crossed that the drops help.

Back
Top Bottom