The Thankfulness Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my CG. I'm glad you are alright. (((Hugs))) That sounds like more excitement than you wanted. Isn't there a superstition about stuff like that coming in threes? So, one raccoon, one boulder, one SUV, sounds like it should be all good now.

My son surprised me and showed up home last night. He is away in college. Miss him a lot. That was definitely something to be thankful about

I just love a good and happy ending. Glad to hear you are all right.

After that experience you can now come to Boston and teach the drivers here how to drive.

Charlie, that sounds like a wonderful surprise. It's tough when kids grow up and move away.

...Isn't there a superstition about stuff like that coming in threes? So, one raccoon, one boulder, one SUV, sounds like it should be all good now.
Actually, it's only two so far. When I said "boulder" I was referring to the very slowly moving raccoon. :LOL: I've hid in the house all day - didn't even go out for the mail.

Charlie, that sounds like a wonderful surprise. It's tough when kids grow up and move away.

Actually, it's only two so far. When I said "boulder" I was referring to the very slowly moving raccoon. :LOL: I've hid in the house all day - didn't even go out for the mail.

Oops, I wouldn't have mentioned the superstition if I had realized it was only two. Oh well, we aren't superstitious, are we?

Staying in the house, hmm, I would probably do the same.

Oops, I wouldn't have mentioned the superstition if I had realized it was only two. Oh well, we aren't superstitious, are we?

Staying in the house, hmm, I would probably do the same.

I would have been in bed for the day hiding under the blankets.

My niece is back in Canada and family have been able to see her. It's a long story, but while her parents were living in Germany, she was taken into child protective custody and kept away from her parents. She was in a group home that had some serious problems. Poor kid just wanted to get back to her parents, but she was being "protected". It took about nine months with some scary stuff happening during that time. I am so pleased she is safe and likely to be back with her parents soon.

That is good news, taxy. There have been some scary cases of children taken from their parents to "protect" them here in the U.S., too. In most cases, it looks like the only thing getting protected is the bloated budget of that protection agency. :glare:

What great news. Most of the time when children are in group homes, come their 18th birthday, they are tossed out of the facility with no assistance at all. If the facility is no where they took the child from, it is up the to child to find a way to get home.

Unfortunately older children are hard to adopt or even be placed in a fitting foster home.

Thank you for making my day. I can just imagine how happy she is right now. Give her a big hug from me, and let her know I know she will be a success in life. If she made it through that facility, she can accomplish anything in life she will face.

Addie, she is my brother-in-law's daughter. She is 12 years old. The Canadian child welfare system has to establish if what the German system told them is true or if it is safe for her to be with her parents. The picture of her running towards her dad with outstretched arms and then of their huge hug is starting to convince the social worker. Well, I saw the picture. The social worker saw it happen.

Addie, she is my brother-in-law's daughter. She is 12 years old. The Canadian child welfare system has to establish if what the German system told them is true or if it is safe for her to be with her parents. The picture of her running towards her dad with outstretched arms and then of their huge hug is starting to convince the social worker. Well, I saw the picture. The social worker saw it happen.

I am just thrilled she is out of there and with her family. I think the whole child welfare system stinks big time. No matter where they live and for any child.

Remember the saying. "Pictures speak a thousand words." I can' not even to see any program where a child is hurt or crying. It is really upsetting to me.

I just love a happy ending!

I had about 50 goose eggs incubating. It all went south for reasons I won't get into now. My thankfulness??

I'm piercing and blowing them out to sell, carve, paint AND I have not hit a rotten one.... yet.

I'm very thankful. :LOL:

If they are even close to the ones I have seen, they should be beautiful. At one exhibition I attended, the artist even had tiny robin eggs carved out. I am totally lacking in artistic skills. Only embroidery. I envy folks that can do things like that.

Even if I had a whole set of straight rulers, I still couldn't draw a straight line.

LOL - Well folks, don't hold your breath! I'm just learning and it is hard to know where to start with some of them.

Trolling the internet looking at designs. Those Faberge eggs are to die for and some of the carved ones are incredible. Don't think I'll come even close - but I'll have fun trying.

Actually found out that my Dremel is not quite fast enough to do some of the really intricate carving. That's OK though as I doubt I'll ever really get that far.

I finally finished blowing out all the eggs - no disasters!

Thankful thankful...

will starting a new thread with some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom