The Thankfulness Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Time to dust this off and mention something I'm very thankful for...neighbors who are available to watch our kitty so we can go home for the holidays! The four of us haven't spent Christmas all together since 2001, the last Christmas we spent in FL and the last year my FIL was around to celebrate. Since then it's been first one kid, then the other, then Himself's sis and BIL the year they moved up here in 2006. Otherwise, it has been just Himself and me together alone. We have wonderful neighbors who have an open house every Christmas day - they welcome all strays, family and friends. But it's not the same as spending time with your loved ones. Because of Himself's job we could never be sure we could get away at Christmas, and with winter driving up north being a bit iffy at times we never had the luxury of staying those extra couple days if the weather turned ugly. Now we can do that...and we will!

I hope you all find something to be thankful for this special time of year.

I am so thankful you were able to arrange that. I know when we went away in September our neighbours looked after Violet and Monkey (who we had just got) and I was so relieved.

I am also thankful that my migraine I had today is gone, even the residual headache. As long as I have the residual (can be days) it can still elevate back to the migraine. There are several triggers but I think this was a combo of chocolate and cheddar cheese I had at my in-laws Saturday and more yesterday.

I am thankful for having four children who check up on me at least once a day. Either through a phone call or a visit. If they call and I don't answer, they start to call each other. "Have you heard from Ma at all today?" They all know my daily routine and heaven forbid should I decide to alter it at all. I always let them know if I plan on leaving the building and where I am going.

If there is anything I need or a place I want to go, one of them will change their plans to take me. They call and ask me if there is anything I may need at the store and want them to pick up for me. They always refuse to accept my money to pay for the items.

And most of all I am grateful that The Pirate has been straight for two years now. I don't have to worry constantly about getting "that call" in the middle of the night. :angel:

I'm thankful that Himself is just so danged easy to please when it comes to foods. He'll eat anything - even things I have no interest in fixing! :LOL: But after reading so many posts about things people can't fix because their partner or family won't eat it, I have to say I have it kinda easy. It would be REALLY easy if he'd just go ahead and wash that plethora of pots and pans I usually manage to dirty while preparing meals...:ermm:

I'm thankful that TB agreed with me and went to the doctor. He has the starting of a chest infection and is on anti-biotics. His days off are Monday and Tuesday and the doctor wants to see him again Tuesday to see if he needs to book off.

And while the reason isn't so great, I am thankful I get to wait on HIM for a change and treat him as special as he treats me! :wub:

I have my family and Carl and Laki and all of you!

I'm happy! I am also so very thankful for everything I have!

With love,
~Cat

I am thankful for Ovarian Cancer...First I insist on yearly checkups, Second it was odd enough for my Doctor to notice it and get it biopsied, Third the Gyno was able to remove it and Fourth it seems that the surgery has made me feel so much better. That's twice now that the quick discovery of it has saved my life.

I'm thankful that Himself is just so danged easy to please when it comes to foods. He'll eat anything - even things I have no interest in fixing! :LOL: But after reading so many posts about things people can't fix because their partner or family won't eat it, I have to say I have it kinda easy. It would be REALLY easy if he'd just go ahead and wash that plethora of pots and pans I usually manage to dirty while preparing meals...:ermm:

Ditto! Except for the washing dishes part ;) There was something I used to make (can't remember what it was) and he didn't tell me till we had been married for at least 10 years that he didn't like it!

I'm also thankful that DH is the sweet, caring person that he is and willingly does so much to help me when I've been sick. He really took "in sickness and in health" to heart :wub:

I am thankful for Ovarian Cancer...First I insist on yearly checkups, Second it was odd enough for my Doctor to notice it and get it biopsied, Third the Gyno was able to remove it and Fourth it seems that the surgery has made me feel so much better. That's twice now that the quick discovery of it has saved my life.

I too am thankful for your Doctor. For without her/his wisdom and knowledge, we wouldn't have you here. :angel:

I am thankful for our income tax because our refund will be almost enough to get the kitchen I want/need to make life easier for me. We started on plans yesterday.

We are not going for all out fancy, just what works, which includes drawers instead of lower shelves for pots, pans, etc, a wall oven so I don't have to bend, a fridge with freezer on the bottom so I don't "lose" stuff on the bottom shelf because I can't bend to see it. Our kitchen is small so using space wisely is the key.

I am thankful for Princess Fiona!

I am thankful for a wonderful spiritual chat site that I frequent. Have made many friends there; we exchange info, support each other and have a laugh. :cool:

I am thankful for this thread....a chance to look on the positive side and express appreciation/gratitude.

I am particularly thankful, daily, that I am still alive and never take it for granted.

Well, you're getting lots of them now, PF. LOL You posted this in July!

Not as cool as yours are.:LOL: I wandered out without my coat this morning and scraped the frozen fog off my car. It's 41 F right now, almost swimsuit weather.

Wow, that's warm for this time of year where you are, princess. :ohmy:

I'm thankful for waking up every day, and for my girls, and 6 grandchildren who love me. :)

Much as I think snow is so pretty, I'm also thankful I live in the desert. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom