The TRAVELING APRON has ended.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pdswife said:
That works for me.. but.... life is really busy for most people. Maybe we should make it a little longer? Just to give them time to make a trip to the post office?

With the new APCs at the post office allowing packages to be post marked 24/7, much time ought not be needed.

Pardon me, I'm rotfl at a squirrel molesting the bird feeder hanging on our balcony! :ROFLMAO:

That's true.. but I was thinking back to when I had a small child and a full time job... getting errands done sometimes took awhile. I think giving a few extra days is a good thing.

pdswife said:
That's true.. but I was thinking back to when I had a small child and a full time job... getting errands done sometimes took awhile. I think giving a few extra days is a good thing.

Sure, makes sense.

At the same time, what are we going to do if someone causes a delay for whatever reason? Spam their PM/E-mail box? Of course I am sure all who participate have no intention of doing that, but alas, life can cause twists and turns that cause unintentional delays . . . . . .

(I speak from experience on this . . . . . ):blush: :whistling

Yeah I agree pdswife. With my baby and my work schedule I can pretty much only get to the post office on Saturdays so a 2-3 day turn around time would be tough for me unless I get it close to the weekend.

Okay, 5 days, but if you want to mail it out earlier, that's okay too.
And, BigDog made a great point! Those automated package weigh/pay stations take all of the wait time out at the post office! I love those!

Do we have any more takers?

jkath said:
Those automated package weigh/pay stations take all of the wait time out at the post office! I love those!
I don't think we have those by me. What are they? They sound cool.

GB said:
I don't think we have those by me. What are they? They sound cool.

It's a machine (computer) that weighs your package and tells you how much postage to put on it. You can pay with your credit card or debit card. Easy as pie.

Be warned whoever is after me that Canada Post is notorious for taking a looooong time to deliver things. Did I mention a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time?

pdswife said:
It's a machine (computer) that weighs your package and tells you how much postage to put on it. You can pay with your credit card or debit card. Easy as pie.

The ones here keep the post office doors open 24/7. Granted there isn't anyone on staff after like 4:30pm, but the doors are open 24/7 to access the APC.

jkath said:
That's okay, Alix - maybe you and Ken can combine your "holding time" for the apron :) After all, he IS a member!
And don't forget Bugs :) You guys can keep the darn thing for weeks with all the members in your family :LOL:

Of course, Kathy will. She is doing all the work - came up with the idea, etc. Maybe we could come up with another idea also that would give us all something tangible from our experience at DC. My thinking hat isn't working this morning, but perhaps someone else's will be better.

A chef's hat, or a blank recipe book with different meal catagories, that everyone can write their favorite recipe in........

Back
Top Bottom