The "what are you listening to now" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got shipwrecked in Memphis Tennessee twenty-five years ago. Company transferred me here, then sold itself to a bigger company that blowed itself up in a Enron type fiasco a few years later. Best thing to come of that move was the discovery of WEVL FM, easier found and played by most at WEVL.org.

Every Wednesday, 9AM to 4PM, and every Saturday from 6 to 10 AM, that's "what I'm listening to now". I'm not going to risk getting on Fiona's bad side for promoting stuff but you can see what shows those are on their website if you're interested. One of them though, is the "Old-Time Country Music Hour" hosted by Judy playing songs from the 1920s and '30s. I mention this only to credit her for reminding me of this 1936 recording of "Arkansaw Hard Luck Blues" by Lonnie Glosson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=844cO3gmmi0
But that's not what I wanted to tell you about.

My favorite YouTubers are two young women known together I guess as Reina del Cid. Since the Virus got all their gigs canceled they've been streaming live every Wednesday morning at 10 AM central time. Next week is probably the last one. Young as they are, they've been performing for a long time. Today's stream included a song called "New Girlfriend" that Reina wrote a surprisingly long time ago; she said they hadn't played it in 12 years. I don't know how that song didn't become a big hit, either for them or some big music star. For my money, it's as good or better than any song of its type including Taylor Swift's back when she used to write songs with melodies that told a story. Anyway, Reina and Toni play "New Girlfriend" 34:35 minutes into today's streaming concert.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fPiZq8j1KA

No, no no! I don't have a problem. At least not with you!
Clearly I insulted you. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.

Edited to add: As I said in my PM to Princess Fiona but should have publicly said here. I think she does an admirable and necessary job within DiscussCooking.

Last edited:
Then don't make me out to be a bully. I'm done.

Fiona is fair. I got tired of Skillet and Luckytrim seemingly watering down this off topic forum with so many daily post songs that I got annoyed and went against the rules and expressed my displeasure and was rightfully banned.

No, no no! I don't have a problem. At least not with you!
Clearly I insulted you. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.

Edited to add: As I said in my PM to Princess Fiona but should have publicly said here. I think she does an admirable and necessary job within DiscussCooking.[/QUOTE]

Thank You!

Fiona is fair. I got tired of Skillet and Luckytrim seemingly watering down this off topic forum with so many daily post songs that I got annoyed and went against the rules and expressed my displeasure and was rightfully banned.

Thank You!

Attachments

• flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 83
I find that skipping over posts works well..

I always check out offerings by skilletlicker and luckytrim and most every DC member.. If of no interest, I move on to the next post.. :)

Ross

Back
Top Bottom