The Worst Job You Ever Had? And Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
One was working part-time as a supermarket checkout girl, while I was in school. The registers were not computerized and no scanners. The guys helped me pass the test by whispering the prices to me. I accidentally rung up a pizza for about $10, and was fired. Thank goodness!

First full-time - working on Wall St, in NY for an insurance company. All the underwriters dumped policies on my desk all day long. When the big clock hit 5 PM, everyone made a beeline to the elevators. B-O-R-I-N-G!

I worked in a plastic factory making inserts,I hated it, it was very fast pace job, the machine I was working at caught fire,it scared me so bad I quit that day... LOL!!!

Can't wait to hear everyones answers... When I was in highschool I cleaned a dentist office for awhile. I HATE going to the dentist so much that even cleaning the place gave me the willies.

Mom worked for the dentist at the time... she quit and my job went bye bye.

I cleaned houses. It was okay, except one house that I didn't like. It was really spooky. Nice house and everything, but, in one room that I was cleaning, I kept getting the feeling that someone was standing behind me. I kept going to the other room that the other girl was cleaning and she was vaccuming. Later, when I got up the nerve to tell her, she said that everyone that went into that room felt the same. They don't tell anyone to see if it happens to others too. We found out that the room belonged to someone that died in their family. I know, weird, but, you would have had to been there and seen for yourself!! I have never had that happen before or since.
I did quit, but, not for that reason, that's just the worst thing that has happened.

Last edited:
I once worked for a Concrete Products company in Iowa. They made concrete blocks and various other exciting products. My job was to go in there at the end of the day, when everyone had gone home, and clean the pit under the conveyor belt, then go INSIDE the cement mixer with a pneumatic chisel and clean the inside of the mixer, then climb the ladder (outside in Iowa winter) and clean the buildup by hammering the chute so the cement on the inside of it would fall down. When I was done with all that I went into a small control room and monitored some equipment to make sure that the rooms where the concete blocks were curing were maintaining the appropriate temperature.

Yeah.

I quit.

I've always worked in accounting so most of the jobs were pretty much the same, but I did have a woman boss that I couldn't stand. She never had anything good to say to anyone. One day she got so bad that two of us left at the same time and never went back. I don't think I was paid, but that was the least of my worries. I didn't think I could face another day with a boss like her. Her dad owned the company, or she wouldn't have had the job.

Probably as a dishwasher. I did that part-time nights for extra money when I was getting my BA, before I entered into culinary school. But the flip side was that that was the job which really got me interested in culinary because I would have to help prep a lot of stuff too. I just liked the energy, the non-stop action, and the fact that every day was different. The restaurant would do 300-400 covers a night which made for a lot of dishes. It's funny because I can still sort, rack, and send the dishes through the dishwasher pretty fast. Sometimes I'll show new employees how to do it and they can't belive that I'm able to do it so quick. In retrospect, taking that job was one of the best decisions I've ever made. As far a job goes though, it sucks.

Last edited:
When I was a cashier at Super K-Mart.
Employees were treated like dirt. Even
when I did nothing wrong I got written up
for alot of stuff because the "so-called"
customer was always right... NOT

While in college I had one part-time job in the coin room of a huge bank. Spent all day lugging bags of coins, sorting and rolling them.

The highlight of that experience was watching a couple of Brinks drivers breaking into their armored car because they locked their keys inside.

Andy M. said:
The highlight of that experience was watching a couple of Brinks drivers breaking into their armored car because they locked their keys inside.

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: Priceless, Andy!

Andy, maybe I should have started a thread on the funniest or oddest work experience. Here's an odd one:

I worked part-time, while in school, as a salesgirl in a small women's clothing store in Manhattan. A cross-dresser went into the curtained private dressing room to try on women's (well) lingerie. I had to stand outside the curtain and keep bringing him another size. :rolleyes: :LOL: :ohmy:

PS- Middie, the so-called customer is not always 'alright.' LOL

Last edited:
I dont even KNOW where to start. The last job I had was probably the worst..... and then they laid me off because they found someone to do the job with no base pay or medical.
6.gif

I can share 4 OTHER HORRIBLE job experiences but Im really down right now and I just cant feel the energy to talk about them.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
I dont even KNOW where to start. The last job I had was probably the worst..... and then they laid me off because they found someone to do the job with no base pay or medical.
6.gif

I can share 4 OTHER HORRIBLE job experiences but Im really down right now and I just cant feel the energy to talk about them.

So sorry, Sushi. Think we've all had our share of lemons. Things will look up. After one moron laid me off, I signed with a temp agency. They sent me on an assignment at a Motion Pix co. They liked me, and wanted me to stay. I worked for two jerks there, but stuck it out & gained the experience. I use to walk to work thru Central Park every morning, and named the two Polar Bears after them... Bob & Mel, LOL. The rest is history.

Last edited:
Sushi.. your job for tonight is to go out and do something FUN! You deserve to feel good.!!!

38.gif
I have a bottle of vodka my buddy brought over a few hours ago. I think he has the same idea as you PDS. Im trying to raise my spirits. I found out today that I left a bottle of $50 cologne in my desk at work. No one can find it. Yeah right. They took it. Kick a man when hes down. Now Im jobless, close to dead broke and I cant even smell nice now.
15.gif

sorry about that.. but I've always liked the smell of a real man better than one whose all cologned up.. and I bet there's a million other ladies that feel the same way. Be careful with that vodka...it can make every thing look and feel a lot worse

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom