There's a mouse in my house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yep, steel wool works great.......our little varmints were getting in through the weep holes and it's a protective mechanism that they can flatten their bodies to squeeze thru the tiniest openings and they will eat just about anything----we had some that actually ate the chalky insulation around the pipes in the basement and boxes of Christmas ornaments stored at my grandmother's.......steel wool will allow the holes to breathe but the mice can't chew thru them........my brother in law set a trap in the attic and paid dearly for it as the poor thing died inside the walls and they could not live in their house for a while.......poor wife was 2 months pregant and urping all day as it was but they had to move out until the odor went away......never did locate it.....

Talk about Stephen Spielburg-style childhood memories.......I will NEVER forget putting a pair of shoes on at my Grandma's farmhouse, experiencing a blockage due to a live mouse who was holed up inside.....I don't know who was more scared...the mouse leaped out in sheer terror......all I know is that my 10 year old blood curdling screams brought my 65 year old Grandma running.....then once she realized that I was going to survive the heart attack she couldn't stop laughing.......I do laugh about it now.......but it wasn't funny back then........

Talk about Stephen Spielburg-style childhood memories.......I will NEVER forget putting a pair of shoes on at my Grandma's farmhouse, experiencing a blockage due to a live mouse who was holed up inside.....I don't know who was more scared...the mouse leaped out in sheer terror......all I know is that my 10 year old blood curdling screams brought my 65 year old Grandma running.....then once she realized that I was going to survive the heart attack she couldn't stop laughing.......I do laugh about it now.......but it wasn't funny back then........

ewwwww.....:ermm: that's SCARY!

Looks like some more aresenal might be in order.
Either my cat got him and didn't tell me, which would be unusual, or he went to a different restaurant last night...... I only had cheddar cheese on hand as far as suitable mousebait, so will try a little peanut butter tonight and set another trap downstairs on a shelf close to those pipes, but one that my cat can't get up on...... I think.
Durned thing.

Got him :) He's a big 'un, too.
He came back to Chez Spud last night and tried the cheddar cheese appetizer....... :angel:
I'll set another clean trap and leave it in the back of the cabinet in case there are any other patrons ;)

I'm glad you got him. I am petrified of mice jump up on something and scream just like in the cartoons only I don't think it's funny.

Did I mention how big he was, Mikki?
9.gif

:LOL:

quicksilver, it was on that smiley site that was posted here a while back. I don't have it on this pc, but you can probably find the thread under Forum help. Lots of cool stuff.

Bummer. I sent that mouse to bring me some potatoes and cheese!!!
Guess I gotta find some somewhere else.....

Send more Suzi. If I get enough I can have a barbeque Survivorman style. At least I'll know what they've been eating...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom