This is for the sake of peace and innocent victims...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

urmaniac13

Executive Chef
I am sorry if starting of this thread is brushing too close to a political issue.. but this means much more to me for world peace and humanity.

As some of you may be aware, the world officials gathered around here in Rome to seek a solution (mostly cease fire) for the Lebanon/Israel conflict, but unfortunately, not much has been accomplished.

It is so heartbreaking to see all these innocent victims, children getting injured and killed everyday in such brutal and senseless violence, it may be difficult but this cannot be allowed to go on, enough is enough...

And... I thought, you know what the joined wellwishing of DC can do, and its potential power. Shall we unite here for the stop of violence and for lasting peace in the Middle East, or all over the world for that matter...

(now, scuttling off the soap box...)

Edited to add: let's just pray for the innocent victims who are getting hurt everyday for no good reason... without getting into the discussion of which side to blame...

Last edited:
The slow decline of the state of afairs in the Middle East is really diheartning. God speed to our people over there, and I hope for a quick, decisive, and peasefull resolution for the involved parties.

It's so sad... yes, I've been praying and will continue to do so.
The hate has got to end.

A long time ago, in a far away place, I had the oportunity to befreind a man from Iran. At the time, the U.S. and the country of Iran were still freinds. I found the individual to be honorable, polite, and a person of integrity. He was truly a friend. And similarily, I befriended many people from various countries and ethnicities, with the same result. I have found that the individual people from everywhere I have ever been have been good people who only want to raise their families, to avoid conflict, to enjoy life, and their own system of beliefs. They don't generally want to fight, or to cause trouble. Unfortunately, there are those people in the world, from every country, who see it as their duty to push their beliefs upon everyone else, and who are willing to do unspeakable things in the name of religeon, or nationalizm, or whatever vehicle they can find, so that they can persuade others to thier cause.

For me, I hold nothing against anyone, except for those who cause misery and mischief. It is my sincere hope that no matter what belief, no matter what religeon, no matter who we are, we can all realize that we are truly brothers and sisters of this world, and that we can live in harmony and peace.

Lica; Thank you for your concern. It is shared by myself and by many.

Here's an idea. It may or may not be practical so remember, it's just an idea. What if every member of DC were to place a post asking for peace, and then a person from each country represented make sure that the entire thread be passed on to their respective governments, to show that we all share something in common. As I said, it's just an idea.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
Goodweed of the North, I couldn't of said it any better. It is important, now more then ever, that we treat ALL persons with respect and understanding. When interacting with foriegn people, we also must remember that we are embassadors representing the U.S. and it does make an impression.

I have a simple philosophy: Life is too short to make others shorter. I wish people would realize that.

TATTRAT said:
I have a simple philosophy: Life is too short to make others shorter. I wish people would realize that.

That's a good one. I'll have to remember that, although it's not common practice for to belittle anyone or make them feel bad. I do have my moments though.

urmaniac13 said:
... without getting into the discussion of which side to blame...

I am sorry too. I am sorry to say that when you start post like this you are begin to look for the side who is to blame.

I am sorry to say that rakets are folling on heads of inocent people, the one that are not horboring terorists.

I better stop here. :mad:

I have my doubts that there will ever be peace in the middle east... but I hope fanatics come to think and innocent people can live the lives they want

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom