This is not James Bond anymore...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh....I think I feel faint. What..? No martinis? Perish the thought. And a ford??? This really is too much for one person to bear. I believe I shall return to my bed until someone corrects these situations.:LOL:

Seriously, tinkering with James Bond would be like giving Betty Boop breast reduction surgery and the morals of a nun. Just bad and wrong, if you ask me.

What was your favourite 007 movie? Mine was Live and Let Die. I've got a thing for voodoo, and an even bigger thing for New Orleans.

Blame the custom of product placements in films:ermm: Ford and the beer company must have bid highest to get their products into shot!

VeraBlue said:
Seriously, tinkering with James Bond would be like giving Betty Boop breast reduction surgery and the morals of a nun. Just bad and wrong, if you ask me.

AMEN!!!!!

My dad has seen & has recorded every James Bond movie.

VB, I loved Live & Let Die also, but I think my favorite is Goldfinger.

In high school drama class we had to take a song & either sing or lip sync it. I did Goldfinger, somewhere at my parents there's a great blackmail tape of that day!:ohmy:

Am I the only one....or did anyone else have to watch Bond movies a couple of times before you figured out all the intrigue and plot twists?:(

I've only ever watched one JB movie - with Sean Connery - WAAAAY back when I was lovestruck and the boyfriend was keen to see it.

BUT, I had read every JB novel by the time I was 15. I just didn't think the films could hold a candle to the books! However, I bet if I read them now, I'd be appalled at how hackneyed and out of date they would appear to me!:)

It's just sick and wrong.

007 is tall dark and handsome NOT blonde!!
And sorry but... beer? It just takes away some of the sexiness.

Well that is one Bond film I will not be seeing. How disappointing!

Crewsk, Goldfinger is my favorite as well.

Well, I wasn't focused on the "no martini" thing, but I have seen the
trailers for the film and it looks really good. I think he could potentially
make a great Bond, but only time will tell. I'll give the guy a chance
by waiting to see the movie before I draw my conclusions.

VeraBlue said:
I've got a thing for voodoo, and an even bigger thing for New Orleans.

Angel Heart scared the bejibberies out of me!!!!!!!!!!

Why would one mess with James Bond? We can ALL drive a Ford, gadgets or not. The "romance" of James Bond and what he portrays will be lost.

But I can honestly say that since I was MUCH younger the James Bond men just haven't been the same - After Roger Moore and Sean Connery I shut down to anyone portraying 007:(

Here I have to say that I think Craig is a great actor.... but he wouldn't have been my first choice for Bond, simply cos he's nothing like the book Bond!

I am tried of the movie industry keep making James Bonds movies. The originals were the best and as far as I am concerned the new ones can't compete with the old ones.

kitchenelf said:
Angel Heart scared the bejibberies out of me!!!!!!!!!!

Why would one mess with James Bond? We can ALL drive a Ford, gadgets or not. The "romance" of James Bond and what he portrays will be lost.

But I can honestly say that since I was MUCH younger the James Bond men just haven't been the same - After Roger Moore and Sean Connery I shut down to anyone portraying 007:(

Angel Heart was GREAT!...Did you see Skeleton Key???:sorcerer:

cara said:
.... not only that Daniel Craig is blonde, he will drive a Ford Mondeo with Automatic.. :ermm:
and I read in our newspaper there are no Martinis anymore, the new JB will take a Heineken beer :sick:

http://movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1134414.php[/quote]

Oh, crap and half! What next? A beer belly and pick-up truck?! I'm still in love with Sean Connery. And, no, Bond can't be blonde. It's the tall, dark and handsome leaning against a wall with that just-right curl of his lip and eyebrow mystique that is Bond, James Bond! And no more, "Shaken. Not stirred!" Now that's gone from pryin' to meddlin'.

Oh for heavens sake, get with the times people!!! :D

Even our mate Bond has to move with the times. He survived being played by an Aussie, he'll survive Mr Craig too.

I can forgive Daniel Craig his blonde hair, because the bloke has the most stunning blue eyes ever. He played a South African terrorist in Munich, and I'm afraid I am now :wub:

No one orders martinis anymore (well not in Kylieworld anyway) so I can't see the problem with him wanting a beer.

I would get Daniel Craig anything he asks for :ROFLMAO:

Hahhaaaaa, Kyles
Just cos he's blonde..... That's you harking back to your Aussie surfies background?!!!!:ROFLMAO:

I like Daniel Craig. I've liked everything I've seen him in - mostly on UK tele... But Bond? Naaaaahhhhhhh:)

The only James Bonds that I liked were of course, Sean Connery {The best one!!} and Roger Moore.
I don't remember the name of the one that I liked, I just remember Jaws, the giant of a man that had the silver teeth.
I also liked Live and Let Die.

I saw the trailer for the new movie and it just didn't have the James Bond feel to it.

Ishbel's right about it being all about product placement. Hardly anyone drinks Martini these days, and anyway, why should the film producers give a free advert when they can get loads of lolly off a brewery? The cars have been 'dumbing down' for years, despite all the fancy remote controls that let the car seemingly drive with no-one in the front seat. From an Aston to a BMW is a fairly long drop. But how many of us can afford a Merc or a BMW? And of those of us that can (not me, by the way), how many are going to be influenced by a film? Ford is the logical advertiser.

A long while back, Connery made a statement saying that he thought Craig would make a good Bond. This was way back when it was first announced Craig would play the part. Brosnan was OK, but Roger Moore was too two-dimensional, almost a cartoon character. Personally, I like a man with a bit of depth to him (!). Craig might be a winner. The least we can do is give him a chance and not write him off before he's even started.

In any case, it's not easy to protest against these changes. About the only way is not going to see the film.

I am confused by the "hardly anyone drinks martinis" statements. Where I am from, martinis are the hottest drink and have been for a number of years now. Martini bars have been popping up all over the place. Now granted, it is not the James Bond martini and purists would never call most of these drinks martinis, but speaking for my friends and family and myself our choice of drink is often a gin or vodka martini. At the most we might make it a little dirty, but that is as far from the original as we stray usually.

Back
Top Bottom