Thoughts or Prayers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you ALL sooo much! It has been a very trying day yet your warmth and support have made me crack the first smile of the day. Right now the hardest part is remembering all the possitive things he and I shared...riding bikes, learning cursive, how NOT to drink guiness like it was my job. At 87 years old, he always had a great story to tell.

Looks like I will be off to the UK by saturday(depending on the paperwork), always good to see the fam, but really is a bummer this time. makes for a long flight.

Thank you ALL once again. Seriously, thank you.

TAT, You're very lucky to have known your grandparents. I never did. My mom's parents passed way before I was born. My dad's dad was killed by Japanese soldiers in a civilian massacre in WWII. His mom left my teenage dad in Manila and went back to China after the war and promptly got trapped there when the communists took over. (They seized all our ancestral land there too.) I only met her ONCE in my life. I was in my early teens when she came to Manila for a very short visit. She passed a few years after that.

sorry to hear of your loss tatt. he sounds like he was not only the patriarch, but a good guy as well.

prayers on their way. hope your trip goes smoothly. be safe.

(((Tatt)))My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family=when the intial shock of your Pop Pop's passing fades may you feel all the joy in havimg him in your life for so long and may he send you signs very soon that he has really never left you.Love and energy, Vicki

Thanks all for the warm wishes, I relly apreciate it.

The latest is, since 9/11 apparently the rules have changed. All my formerly acceptable documents are no longer acceptable because they are notarized, not certified. The soonest I can get the proper "Certified" papers to extend my passport is 4 weeks. In a way I am torn up beacuse I will miss saying a last god bye to pop pop, but I know in 4 weeks I will be in the UK to be there for my Grandmother(nan nan), and make sure she is holding up. Although dissapointe greatly, there is a strange solice in knowing I will be there, and the added presures of dealing with the Goverment are over or now. Very Stressful in an already stressfull situation.

So, thanks all for all the kind words and thoughts.
Jon

TATTRAT said:
Thanks all for the warm wishes, I relly apreciate it.

The latest is, since 9/11 apparently the rules have changed. All my formerly acceptable documents are no longer acceptable because they are notarized, not certified. The soonest I can get the proper "Certified" papers to extend my passport is 4 weeks. In a way I am torn up beacuse I will miss saying a last god bye to pop pop, but I know in 4 weeks I will be in the UK to be there for my Grandmother(nan nan), and make sure she is holding up. Although dissapointe greatly, there is a strange solice in knowing I will be there, and the added presures of dealing with the Goverment are over or now. Very Stressful in an already stressfull situation.

So, thanks all for all the kind words and thoughts.
Jon

I am so sorry for the loss of your pop pop. Your nan nan must be devastated after so many years of marriage. How many people these days can say they were married that long? Not many! I haven't traveled on an airline after 9/11, but I do know they have strict rules. Just when you need to travel, you find all these changes which makes it impossible for you to attend pop pop's funeral, but at least you will be there in the UK in four weeks, at a time when your nan nan will need you, as well as the rest of your family there.

So sorry for your loss. At least your grandparents shared a good long life together. My prayers are with you and your family.

I am very sorry for your loss TATTRAT , know my wife an I will have you and your whole family in our thoughts and prayers. If you ever need to bend a ear I will be here !
icon11.gif

Back
Top Bottom