Timothy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tim was an interesting guy. a bit of a pain the ass at times, but that was because he was such a passionate guy. he didn't just chat about passing interests; he'd talk, and joke, and debate and argue many things because he really loved everything that interested him.

he really lived.

he has been and will continue to be missed.
I completely concur Tom mate that's why I liked him.

If anyone is interested in putting a face with the name, I found Timothy's obituary online. 59 is so young. It sounds like he only recently retired and from what I gathered from his posts, he was just beginning to enjoy it. How very sad that he passed away in the prime of his life.

The Frederick News-Post Online - Frederick County Maryland Daily Newspaper

thank you, steve, for the link with timothy's obituary. what a handsome man he was, too. death seems so senseless to my living self, it makes me angry too, when someone special, like timothy, is taken away. he deserved so much more....

Snip, that was very kind of you to share the sad news about Timothy. It must have been difficult for you.

And Steve, I appreciate being able to put Tim's face to his name, even under these circumstances. It's good to hear that he passed peacefully and may he rest in peace.

Welcome back, Snip.

Oh my! This is one of the many reasons I hate that I don't have much time to spend here these days.

Snip, thanks so much for letting us know, and for passing along the messages to his sister. Please send my condolences....Tim and I had some wonderful conversations in the threads and in PM. I am heartbroken and will truly miss him. I was getting very worried when we hadn't heard from. That, like my Dad he went in his sleep is a blessing.

Timothy, you were an integral part of DC. I agree that Vitauta said it best. Just know you are missed and loved. RIP my dear friend.

And Steve, thanks for the obit and picture.

Snip, I'm sure his family would appreciate all we had to say about Timothy here. Perhaps you could forward this thread to his sister. I'm sure his family would appreciate our thoughts about him, along with our sincere condolences.

Last edited:
Wow, so sorry to hear this sad news. I can't think of anything to say that has not been said here. Timothy is missed on DC.

Timothy was the catalyst for DC's implentation of the "thanks system" and the recipient of the first once sent. His perspective and contributions were appreciated and improved the community.

Thanks for that too; Timothy.

Oh my gosh. I don't know how I missed this thread, but I only now saw it. How sad. Other than getting off on a wrong foot Tim and i had many PM conversations. We were very much on the same page as far as politics goes and even cooking too. 59 is so young, terrible, terrible news. May his memory be for the blessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry to hear this news :( I too enjoyed Tim's post and had some spirited conversations with him both public and private. I will miss his posts. This certainly reminds me that the folks here on DC really do feel like family. Thank you so much Snip, for sharing with us (as hard as the news is to hear).

I'm glad you were such a good friend to him, I am sure that your friendship enriched his life. Rest in Peace dear Timothy.......

I have not been on here in quite some time, and then I read this. I am so very sad. Tim's posts were always a joy to read. Please offer condolences to his sister from me too. I hope she is comforted by her fond memories of him.

Wow, I've been away a while but I did slip in once (in feb) just to leave tim a hello message' When i saw he wasn't posting I wondered about him. This is very sad news. He would sometimes pm me about something I posted and or something funny. I could tell he was a good person. I know it's been a few months but my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

today i've been going through some of timothy's old posts. he was a dc member for only about 1/2 year but during this time he initiated 70+ threads and offered prolific commentary on a wide assortment of topics on a daily basis. it seemed he was often the very First One There to offer solace, encouragement or compassion wherever it was needed by our forum members going through hard times....reading tim's daily thoughts causes me to miss him even more deeply--he was finally living a life so vibrant and full of joy and promise and ever better things to come. timothy was truly a man seizing the day--i only wish he'd had more of them....

Last edited:
today i've been going through some of timothy's old posts. he was a dc member for only about 1/2 year but during this time he initiated 70+ threads and offered prolific commentary on a wide assortment of topics on a daily basis. it seemed he was often the very First One There to offer solace, encouragement or compassion wherever it was needed by our forum members going through hard times....reading tim's daily thoughts causes me to miss him even more deeply--he was finally living a life so vibrant and full of joy and promise and ever better things to come. timothy was truly a man seizing the day--i only wish he'd had more of them....

I agree. I miss him too.

JoAnn L. said:
I agree. I miss him too.

+1

He sure was passionate! I think Bucky Tom's post said it well. I remember defending him on a couple of issues, he sure loved his raw fish, had it down to a science.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom