To MexicoKaren, Mexican question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Derek, I am not an expert in Spanish, but alma is a feminine noun, so it would be la alma, not el alma. I think the correct usage would be "del alma", a bit of a contraction. Anybody else????

Google translator is probably the best one online, but it gave you the wrong usage for "from." "Desde" DOES mean "from", but is usually used in the context of "desde 1985" to say that a particular business has been operating since 1985. "Alma" (correct that it means "soul") is an unusual word in Spanish, in that it is a feminine noun, but uses a masculine article, hence the "DEL alma" which is a contraction of de (meaning "from") and "el" (meaning "the"). So I was incorrect in telling you "LA alma" first time around, even though it is a feminine noun. The google translator just isn't sophisticated enough to pick all this stuff up. Make any sense?

Google translator is probably the best one online, but it gave you the wrong usage for "from." "Desde" DOES mean "from", but is usually used in the context of "desde 1985" to say that a particular business has been operating since 1985. "Alma" (correct that it means "soul") is an unusual word in Spanish, in that it is a feminine noun, but uses a masculine article, hence the "DEL alma" which is a contraction of de (meaning "from") and "el" (meaning "the"). So I was incorrect in telling you "LA alma" first time around, even though it is a feminine noun. The google translator just isn't sophisticated enough to pick all this stuff up. Make any sense?
It does thank gracious for the info Karen, I guess I will wait until the introduction to Spanish to start at the end of August! I can't wait.

Hey i am from Toluca Mexico.
i would say Desde el alma
or del alma
those are the best ways to say them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom