Today is, drumroll.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepperhead212

Executive Chef
NATIONAL CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM DAY!

I don't have any, but I should make something similar, like a chocolate yogurt (I have a lot of whole milk yogurt in the fridge). I am certainly not getting into my car to go shopping in this 94° heat. :ohmy:

I do, but to be honest, my favorite is just plain old chocolate.

Not moose track, mocha, drizzle, spritzle, etc. Just old fashioned chocolate.

But I'll suffer through the others. :grin:

I also like the plain chocolate, but the dark, intense chocolate! Talenti has a couple of gelatos like this, and occasionally I treat myself, but only when they are on sale, for $2 a pint.

I made a little over a quart of chocolate yogurt mix, which I'll be finishing tomorrow - I try not to make things in the Vitamix that will make that much noise this late at night, as a courtesy to my neighbors. But it's in the freezer, and I'll finish it tomorrow.

I based it on a recipe by foodnetwork:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/healthyeats/recipes/2011/08/make-your-own-dark-chocolate-frozen-yogurt

However, I reduced the sugar by half, and added 10 drops of stevia liquid. And I added 1/4 tsp xantham gum instead of cornstarch, used 72% chocolate, instead of chips, and added 3 tb cocoa, instead of 2. And I only used 2 c yogurt, but 1 1/2 c milk. And I'll be basically making a smoothie, after thawing the frozen block some - usually, I'd do it after freezing 3-4 hrs., but it's too late.
Milk in Vitamix, dissolving sugar, before adding the cocoa. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Cocoa and vanilla added to milk, ready to drizzle in the melted chocolate. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Melted chocolate, ready to drizzle into the blender, while running. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

After adding the melted chocolate, before adding the thickened yogurt. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

2 c yogurt, with just over 1/2 c whey removed. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished mix, after adding 1/4 tsp xantham gum, to the running blender. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Here's the mix, ready to freeze. Doesn't look as dark here, due to the bubbles and the overhead light. But it does have a strong chocolate flavor.
Finished chocolate yogurt, ready to go into the freezer. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
I knew it was National chocolate ice cream day, and I do have chocolate ice cream in the refrigerator, and I used some to make a chocolate milk shake to go with my cheeseburger and skinny fries lunch.

Back
Top Bottom