Today's weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday 76 - today it's supposed to get up to 78 - it's 73 right now. Love the warm weather but give me a break!!!!! Yes, this is record-breaking highs since temps have been officially being record sometime in the late 1800's. It's freezing in my house so it's always a shock when I go outside. No air on in the house - it's just the way it is - we're the first to turn our heat on and the last to turn air conditioning on.

It's really been a crummy day today...overcast, cold (40's) and windy. Kim had the first Saturday off in a long time, and we had planned to go someplace, but decided to hibernate instead.

It's snowing here and 32 degrees.
6.gif

mudbug said:
mid 70s here too, Katie. Love your outfit.

Anau, does it ever really get cold in Texas?

Depends on where in Texas that you are. We get a wet cold and to us, it's cold. We don't get the subzero temps that northerners get. We couldn't survive up there:LOL:
It's 46 right now, and I'm cold. The winter get's to be in the 20's with the windchills in the lower teens, sometimes lower.

After a lousy, cold and windy day yesterday, today's lovely. With yesterday's wind, a great deal of the leaves fell off the trees so now I can see my neighbor's flag flying in the sunshine. That's one of my favorite sights as I work at the computer. Even though it's sunny, it's chilly but I enjoy this, too, because today's a true fall day here in Western Kentucky. Some of my outside kitties are sleeping in the sunshine. They look so comfy.

Today's weather started out cold and sunny. The low was 16 degrees F. and the high was 43 degrees F. Starting tomorrow we are supposed to have our first major snow. :( Everyone I know is getting the snow plows and shovels ready.

Yesterday was 74 and beautiful!! Today, it's 30 and sleeting and snowing!!!!!!!!! Tonight we get a hard freeze just for the wet stuff to be solid in the morning!! It's going to be around 23 degrees tonght:huh:
I just love Texas weather!!!:dry:

texasgirl said:
Yesterday was 74 and beautiful!! Today, it's 30 and sleeting and snowing!!!!!!!!! Tonight we get a hard freeze just for the wet stuff to be solid in the morning!! It's going to be around 23 degrees tonght:huh:
I just love Texas weather!!!:dry:

Texas? Sounds like you're describing the weather here. Yesterday it was in the 70s, which was unseasonably warm. This morning it was about 64 when I got up. Within an hour or so it went down to the mid-40s. Gloomy and rainy, too. Snow was predicted for tonight and tomorrow but I think it's been revised to flurries. Gonna be cold at night, too. Into the 30s, which is more like it should be for this time of the year. All in all, I'd rather have snow.

I'm watching this storm on CNN. To all my DC pals in this storm's path, please be safe and............
img_362134_0_263e3ea005ced2e7b9c14ce393fb6cb2.gif

Katie, everything that we just got hit with is coming your way. Get lots of layers on you!! It came in so fast that it dropped 30 degrees within a few minutes, no joke. And the windchill isn't helping any at 26 right now.

It's 68 haere today & raining off & on. I went to the grocery store, when we pulled in the parking lot it was pretty sunny, just as we walked in the door of the store, it got really dark, the bottom dropped out of the sky & it poured for about 30 minutes, then it was sunny again. I really wish the weather would make up its mind!!

Watching the Weather Channel, looks like folks in the middle part of the country are really getting it in the neck.

Hope you all do OK through this one.

Sleeting

It hasn't stopped sleeting since about 11 this morning. It is 4 now and I am sitting here listening to the stuff hit the windows. I surely don't like the sound and it is still continuing. I have no clue how everyone will get home tonight. One is leaving car at work and taking the metro link. That should be fun. Others have to stop and start in traffic all the way home. Said they can't go over 20mph. Hope they all have enough gas. Usually wait till about empty. I sure don't want to go out and pick someone up tonight in t his stuff. They all tell me how good I have it when I don't have to go out. Oh, well I would probably feel the same way. I sure wish it would stop sleeting. At least snow doesn't make any noise. We are supposed to get some tonight. Down in the 20's now.

Back
Top Bottom