Today's weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
How is your weather today? Here in eastern Iowa it started to rain this morning about 10:30. Then this afternoon we had thunder and a little while later it started to hail, it was about the size of peas. Right now it is snowing. Whats next?:unsure:

Rain and wind for us. BORING! Not enough of either to make it exciting. lol

It is 78 here. Today and yesterday have been beautiful, but it's supposed to get cold and rainy just in time for the weekend.

Cold, clear and clean feeling. Not cold enough for snow, although everything else felt right! It rained for a bit this evening though.

Unseasonably warm here yesterday and today. Upper 70s. Yesterday was beautifully sunny. Today began sunny and but has started to cloud up and the wind's picking up. Storms are predicted later this afternoon and this evening. That's not unusual when it's this warm this time of the year. Rain tomorrow, too. I'm wearing sweat pants and flip-flops. There's something wrong with this picture. The doors and windows are open again as if it's summer.

It was about 55 degrees here today. Gorgeous blue sky.
Tomorrw is supposed to be getting cold and rainy with a
possibility of snow. Blah !!!

middie said:
It was about 55 degrees here today. Gorgeous blue sky.
Tomorrw is supposed to be getting cold and rainy with a
possibility of snow. Blah !!!
I'll be sending the rain, sleet and snow your way tomorrow Middie!:-p :LOL:

Currently, it is 50 degrees F. But tonight it is supposed to storm with the possibility of snow :mad: by morning. Physically, I am ready for the snow. I have picked up the summer lawn furniture, sprinklers, etc. But mentally I wish that we would have another month or so of nice weather.

Our weather has been the same as Katies...really nice, but supposed to rain and get colder.
I had a new tree (Magnolia Ashei) and a Beauty Bush planted today. Both were dormant, so they won't even know they've been moved. The rain will water them in, and the cold won't hurt them.
You can really get some good buys on perennials at this time of year, if you know what you're buying and find a good seller. If you're interested, PM me, and I'll clue you in to a great source on eBay.

Woke up to frost on the ground, but the sun has been out all day, bright and cold. Tonight more frost with the possibility of rain tomorrow..
kadesma:)

I didn't know you guys ever got frost out there...you must be north a bit.

We are supposed to be getting thunderstorms any minute, and Kim says he can hear the thunder.
Hmmmm...I love a good storm. It may turn into a great evening.

Constance said:
I didn't know you guys ever got frost out there...you must be north a bit.

We are supposed to be getting thunderstorms any minute, and Kim says he can hear the thunder.
Hmmmm...I love a good storm. It may turn into a great evening.
Yes, we get into the low 30's during the colder months. I've just moved all my patio plants that are on the edge back up against the house, they survive just fine that way..If it gets colder than a frost say a light freeze, I just put up some plastic making sure not to touch the leaves and they are just fine.
kadesma

We're in for a week of wet, muggy weather. How do you like the low for Wednesday?:LOL:

windy, overcast and only 9.6c outside, although it feels much colder than that, probably the damp air.

Oooh, YT, we are not so cold down south today! Grey though....hoping the rain holds off for a dog walk after lunch.....

Back
Top Bottom