Toilet paper, over or under?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you prefer, Toilet Paper coming from the top or bottom?

• TP coming off from the top of the dispenser

Votes: 31 81.6%
  • TP coming off from the bottom of the dispenser

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I prefer to have the TP coming off the top side of the dispenser, while PeppA prefers the lower. What about you all?

I like it over the top. I read an article a long time ago that showed that you use less toilet paper that way too so that is an added bonus :)

I prefer the toilet paper come from under but ok now how many times have I seen this subjust brought up in the dear ann landers and dear abby letters, does it really matter if it comes from over or under?? I don't really care so long as the toilet paper is there.:LOL:

i remember this debate from the ann landers (rest her soul) column.

i take the way my tp is put onto the roll very seriously, lol. i like it to roll from the top. it has to roll from the top.

I was always a "from the back" kinda guy (HEY! no jokes!). My girlfriend always seems to reload it in an "over the top" position.

Hey. Who am I to argue. I can almost always figure it out.

LOL

luvs_food said:
i remember this debate from the ann landers (rest her soul) column.

i take the way my tp is put onto the roll very seriously, lol. i like it to roll from the top. it has to roll from the top.
Me too! On the rare occasion that my husband puts a roll on :LOL: :ROFLMAO: if he has put it on so that it comes out from underneath, I have to fix it.

Andy M. said:
I prefer over the top as well. Cat owners often have to go with the opposite.
Non-cat-owners probably wonder what you are talking about, but I know only too well! Most of my cats have never given me a problem with this, but I had a couple who drove me nuts for a few weeks!

:) Barbara
x-actioncatlogo.gif

Last edited:
Over the top please.

Paul and I went camping a few years ago and stopped at a ranger station. There was a little phamlet telling how to behave in the woods. One of their ideas was to leave the toilet paper and home and use a STICK or a ROCK instead. You should have heard us laughing. A ROCK!!! OR a STICK!!! For heavens sake, how would that work?????

Barbara L said:
Me too! On the rare occasion that my husband puts a roll on :LOL: :ROFLMAO: if he has put it on so that it comes out from underneath, I have to fix it.

Non-cat-owners probably wonder what you are talking about, but I know only too well! Most of my cats have never given me a problem with this, but I had a couple who drove me nuts for a few weeks!

:) Barbara
x-actioncatlogo.gif

lol, barb, i have been in hole-in-the-wall restaurants and bars that don't use those huge tp dispensers and i'll flip the roll around if it's turned the wrong way. only place i won't turn it is in someone's home. that would just be wrong, lol, but i've wanted to before.:-p
and those cats and the toilet paper, lol, they love to shred the 'ol tp! even though we have 7 cats, they haven't clawed the toilet paper for a long time. they have gotten into the paper towels, though.:LOL:

Top side... how can you break it off from bottom side? If I use it from the bottom; I have to use my other hand also.. :)...

I agree with Crewsk. I have tried it both ways and find it is easier to find it coming from the top.

Back
Top Bottom