Top Chef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd love too but..hubby decided that we should switch to satilite tv...we don't get the right station any more...boo-hoo!

I just got Dish and have been watching Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares etc on BBC America. Those Brits are brutal! Great fun. LOL

Does anyone else think that this season's group of chefs is lacking in excitement? None of them really have standout personalities, and even more surprising, none of them really stand out in terms of talent. Alot of them seem to have really great and innovative ideas, but not necessarily the skills to pull off what they're trying to do. So far, I'm thinking that richard and dale have the best shot. Richard likes to push the envelope with his techniques, but Dale seems to want to push the envelope with creative flavors.

I find myself less into the show this year for sure. It is the 3rd season of basically the same formula... reality shows start to play themselves out in the 3rd season IMHO. Still an entertaining show but I cant even remember the contestants names.

The first season of reality shows is usually interesting because the contestants dont know what they are in for and either does the viewer. The 2nd season can still be sort of fresh but then it gets old... It is basically like "The Apprentice".. you only get one Omarosa.

thank god for that!

part of the success of one of the original reality shows, "survivor", was that they changed things up a bit in each of the succeeding seasons so that the contestants initial strategies didn't always work. like early alliances, or trying to fly under the radar, or being the hardest working in camp, etc., etc..

there's not much you can do to a chef but make him cook with various levels of handicap.

Does anyone else think that this season's group of chefs is lacking in excitement? None of them really have standout personalities, and even more surprising, none of them really stand out in terms of talent. Alot of them seem to have really great and innovative ideas, but not necessarily the skills to pull off what they're trying to do. So far, I'm thinking that richard and dale have the best shot. Richard likes to push the envelope with his techniques, but Dale seems to want to push the envelope with creative flavors.

I think we have scarceley seen the chef who will win! (Memo.) Although I think Stephanie is going to figure heavily in the outcome.

I didn't see the first two seasons, so the only comparison I have is "The Next Iron Chef." I really enjoyed that one - there did seem to be a lot of distinct personalities. Maybe it's because there are so many contestants right now, it's difficult to give them enough screen time for us to really get to know them.

I was a bit surprised that the losing team was so sure of themselves for doing an "upscale" block party. Dumb idea.

Bottom line: when in doubt, go with the chefs that have the fine dining experience. With the exception of Ilan and Dave, the final 3-4 contestants and the winners of each season all have the refined cooking skills and palettes from working in high end restaurants.

Bottom line: when in doubt, go with the chefs that have the fine dining experience. With the exception of Ilan and Dave, the final 3-4 contestants and the winners of each season all have the refined cooking skills and palettes from working in high end restaurants.

...AND have classical training. :chef:

... It is basically like "The Apprentice".. you only get one Omarosa.
Didn't you see her in this season's celebrity apprentice? We had to watch her all over again:bangin:

Okay, so who thought the zoo food was a really interesting idea? I liked it!

But, after the whole "premaking the olive blinis" problem, wouldn't that have given a rather large clue to Erik about his corn dogs?

As for the block party - I sure hope they gave back the unused pantry food.

Still sticking to two of my original top three (Dale, Richard) but putting Stephanie in there now. Kind of like Casey, she doesn't seem to have that aggressive, or assertive personality (like Tiffani or Lee Anne) but the girl can cook. Antonia and Andrew I think will round up the final five. Zoi, Lisa, or Spike will get bounced next I think. I can't stand Zoi or Spike.

I have a huge problem with Spike too. He doesn't seem to be much of a chef and he seems kind of unbalanced. I wish he had gone this week

I don't care much for Spike, especially since I think his idiocy lead to Memo's premature departure. Who in the world hasn't seen "Like Water for Chocolate?" It would have been such a much better choice than their spring rolls!

but I find Andrew totally disgusting. I hope he shoots himself in the foot and goes home on Wednesday! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom