Top Chef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoke king

Sous Chef
My wife tells me that a new season of "Top Chef" starts this week. Can anybody confirm ?

Of all the competitive cooking shows, I liked that one the best. And that Padma-(sound of wolf whistle or cat call) if I were 20 years younger......and better looking.......and had all my hair....and teeth.....and lost 20#......and were able to stay awake past 8:30 PM...........she would be under my spell!!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yeah, season four starts this week. There are a lot more female competitors this year; roughly half of the chefs are women this season. I can't wait to see the guest chef judges from Chi-town that could possibly appear:

Homaru Cantu
Charlie Trotter
Rick Tramonto
Gale Gand
Grant Achatz

Yeah, season four starts this week. There are a lot more female competitors this year; roughly half of the chefs are women this season. I can't wait to see the guest chef judges from Chi-town that could possibly appear:

Homaru Cantu
Charlie Trotter
Rick Tramonto
Gale Gand
Grant Achatz

I'm going out on a limb and say if we see ONE of these, that will be a lot. More likely:

Jean Joho
Jackie Shen
Arun Sampanthavivat
Rick Bayless
Suzy Crofton
Susan Goss
Michael Kornick
oooh what's the chef's name at Avec and Blackbird? It is right on the tip of my tongue......

I am beyond excited to have the new season kick off! I've even been re-watching the old episodes, and the DVR is ready to go.
Have you guys read all the bios yet? I didn't want to, till I saw each one in person.
As for females, I think there's less than half. I'm just supposing that it never seemed like there were ever that many, since a lot got kicked off early on in the competition.

I still wish I could find season 1's Dave and have him cook for me.

Season 1's Dave? Is'nt he the "I'm not your b*tch, b*tch!" guy?

Yeah, he was one my favorites too.

Of course, I also liked Marcel in season 2-I guess I like to pull for the guy that everyone loves to hate!!

I got a new haircut the other day and the guy put a lot of "product" on it ... then it got rained on. The next morning I woke up and my hair looked exactly like Marcels!! :ohmy::LOL:

I am beyond excited to have the new season kick off! I've even been re-watching the old episodes, and the DVR is ready to go.
Have you guys read all the bios yet? I didn't want to, till I saw each one in person.
As for females, I think there's less than half. I'm just supposing that it never seemed like there were ever that many, since a lot got kicked off early on in the competition.

I still wish I could find season 1's Dave and have him cook for me.

Season 1's Dave is chef of a restaurant here in New York.... Sola or something like that. Can't remember exactly. I still haven't been to Perilla (that's Harold's place).

Season 1's Dave? Is'nt he the "I'm not your b*tch, b*tch!" guy?

I loved the T-shirt too.

He's in NY? Why do all the New Yorkers get all the good stuff?:ermm:

You know who else I'd love to have cook for me - Stephen. I didn't like him at all till I saw them in the reunion show and on national TV, he apologized profusely for his words and actions. That was really cool. I thought of Marcel the other night when I was watching Iron Chef and one guy was known for his "molecular gastronomy"....and I told dh "watch - he'll make a foam"...sure enough, he did.

I'm watching the reruns of season 3 right now and brainstorming tonight's dinner on paper right now. Looking forward to this season!

I love this show... it is the only "reality" show I watch. I am excited but I also think reality shows tend to play out by the 3rd season because the contestants are too familiar with the format etc. I hope they find a way to keep it fresh.

I agree with the comments on Stephen he was much more likeable aferwards... for whatever reason I liked Marcel (maybe just because he got picked on so much) at least better than that twerp that won last season there was something insincere about him to me.

Looking foward to a new season of charchyters and food disasters (the train wrecks are the best part)

Hey, so is this show like England's Master Chef?

ETA: never mind! I googled and read about the show!

Last edited:
I'm so glad its back on-kind of a foul-mouthed bunch this year,eh? Think I'll look for the "uncensored" version on DVD !! hmmm...I wonder if my "girls gone wild" guy can get it for me...................:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom