Trader Joe's is HERE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
Okay, I used to go to TJ's in California. This past weekend Trader Joe's finally opened in our end of Charlotte/Concord. I'm so excited but what to buy? Any recommendations? I used to buy whole nuts and spices in California but it's been 4 years.

What are your favorites from Trader Joe's? Apparently there's a wine, Two Buck Chuck, I'm told I should check out. Any experience with that?

Can't help a lot, Calli. The nearest Trader Joe's for us is about 3 hours away. Although, our daughter (in Los Angeles) relies on Trader Joe's for her grocery shopping. Says their produce and meat/poultry are fabulous.

Looks like you have a real gem in your neighborhood. Have fun.

I like the juices, particularly the "Dynamo Juice" which is just LOADED with vitamins. I also like the "Rio Red", which is a blended grapefruit juice (not too sour/tart). Yum!!!

You gotta try 'em.

edited to add: OH!, and if you haven't tried the Cabot Private Stock (black wax, green label) Cheddar, it's a beautiful thing.
(not always available at all Trader Joe's)

Last edited:
Could you talk to them about getting one in Southeast Connecticut please? LoL

It's going to take me three hours to get home from work tomorrow. I get paid and get to go to the new Trader Joe's and Harris Teeter and Wal-Mart for a new microwave.

Could you talk to them about getting one in Southeast Connecticut please? LoL

They are at least on the east coast now, so there's hope for CT!

Last edited:
Well, that's only about an hour from me - there's hope
85 and Mallard Creek (or Mallard Creek Church ~ I always confuse the two). You're up near Hickory, right? I was so happy to see it open when I drove by today. I've been waiting since they put the "Coming Soon" sign up 6 months ago. They built the thing really fast.

2 buck Chuck (Charles Shaw) is not bad. For the price ($3 by us) you can't beat it. They have some really good beers too and go for around $4 for a 6 pack.

There are so many things I love to buy there. They have an extra virgin olive oil that I really like. It is called Santini or Santori or something like that. I have also been using their simmer sauces a lot lately. The mojito sauce is great. Cook up some chicken and pour the sauce in. Throw in a handful or two of some of their frozen veggies if you like (I keep their frozen edemame on hand all the time) and serve over rice. A great healthy meal for very short $.

Last edited by a moderator:
So many favs! Of course their nuts, EVOO, I buy the parm, smoked mozz and brie cheese, 2 buck chuck shiraz and merlot, pet food, edamane, breads, smoked apple bacon, chicken sausages, baby back ribs, greek style yogurt, to name a few . . .

I have really missed Trader Joe's! I don't get up to that area very much but will probably go to Concord Mills at least once before Christmas. Where is Trader Joe's in relation to Concord Mills?

:)Barbara

Ok, Rom, you talk to them about getting one down under and I'll talk to them about getting up over. LoL

I already have my shopping list for my trip home next month!

I buy my EmergenC's there (best price) I also love the Olive Oil spray, I usually buy 4 cans and ship them home! Their frozen wild blueberries are great for oatmeal. They also have the best hummus, oh how I miss their hummus! Oh and I don't drink juice anymore but I love the Blackberry Crush, really tasty!

Yay for Trader Joe's! It will become an addiction for you!!! Have fun shoppin!

The coffee is pretty good. I love their brie - watch it though, it always has a quick expiration date. Nuts are always reasonably priced too. I hear the frozen organic chicken breasts are good with a reasonable price tag. I like the variety of crackers TJ carries. They carry a bag of little round crackers called "savory mini crackers". TJs is the only place I can find "quinoa" too. Two buck chuck is now three buck chuck - the merlot is okay for the cheapest wine I have ever seen. I love to just roam the aisles there - oooh, I'm so envious of you! Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom