Travel and Romance (Was Update on My Cellulitis)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cellulitis doesn't affect only the legs and feet. I had a bad case in my left breast a few years ago. Symptoms come on very suddenly. Mine took about 30 minutes to come to full tilt. Fever of 104, incredible shaking and nausea then the never ending vomiting. My breast was a deep red color and painful. My husband took me to the hospital after taking my temperature. They booked me into a room right then and there and said I would be there for a week while they pumped me full of antibiotics 4 times a day. It took almost 2 weeks to fully recover. I know that once you have cellulitis it can return anytime. No one seems to know exactly what the cause is from what I gather.
Glad to know you are recovering.

DramaQueen, I hope you don't have any recurrences of that. I hope none of us ever get it again (or ever, for those who haven't had it). I had read that you can get it anywhere, but that it is most often on the legs. I read that if you get it on your face, to get to the hospital immediately.

is LaJolla all that is cracked up to be??? that's where Betty Broderick lived before she killed her exhusband and new wife.........she's due to be released in a few years......it sounds like a wonderful place to live.......I would NEVER recommend Houston.......hot, hot, hot,.........humid, humid, humid.......
LaJolla is beautiful! I could never afford to live there, but I love going down there to the shops and galleries. Yes, Betty Broderick lived there, but so did Dr. Seuss! Also, it is fun listening to newcomers try to prounounce LaJolla! (For those who don't know, it is pronounced La Hoya).

Glad to hear you're doing better, Barb. You're fortunate James is home from school to help out.
I really am fortunate that if this had to happen, it happened after he finished school and before he starts his job. We were discussing that same thing at the doctor's yesterday!

:)Barbara

I too hope we never have a recurrance. I have two male friends who have had it in their legs too.

As for LaJolla, I lived in San Diego where I owned several retail shops in tourist areas. I had to hold back a laugh when someone would ask for directions to LaJolla pronounced with a J. Also El Cajon, pronounced correctly as El Cahone. But the one that will always stick with me was the man who asked how far San Diego was from the Mojave Desert - he pronounced it exactly as spelled.) :LOL: That one got to me.

I love it! Yeah, my mom was raised in El Cajon, so she was used to correcting people! I lived in Vista, so I got to listen to a lot of marines on the bus talking about San "ON-a-frey." (San Onofre--for anyone not around there, pronounced San o-NO-frey).

Last edited:
haha---just wished that I could afford to live there................sigh...........
Ah! Well, in that case, don't worry. You'd hate it! If you tried to take a walk and walked too far to the west, you'd drown. And you would constantly be having to tell your friends how to pronounce it. It's definitely not the place you'd want to be! (Have I convinced you yet?)! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Ah! Well, in that case, don't worry. You'd hate it! If you tried to take a walk and walked too far to the west, you'd drown. And you would constantly be having to tell your friends how to pronounce it. It's definitely not the place you'd want to be! (Have I convinced you yet?)! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I agree. You could get very tired of looking at that incredibly blue ocean, feeling that balmy ocean breeze and living in a climate that is constantly sunny and stays in the 75 to 80 degree temperature. And what about those terrific shops and restuarants? How much can a person take?? :LOL:

sorry I didnt get back here sooner, got a bit ill over the weekend.
As for La Jolla, i'll tell you what I did today.

Wake, 730am, walk dog for 30 minutes. Feed, pet, sit for a whilst he had a chewy. Got to work, stayed until noon. Walked along the 18th hole at Torrey Pines to relive Tiger's putt, looked at Ocean. Had lunch in the clubhouse.

Drove down the hill to La Jolla cove, sat for a few. Drove north on the 101 to Cardiff by the sea, had maragarita at Las Olas mexican/southwest restaurant. Watched the fishing boats offshore.

Went home, picked up the hound and went to dog beach on Coronado Island, gave him a bath back home, cleaned up. Dinner at George's at the cove to watch the sun set.
LIFE IS GOOD.;)

Last edited:
sorry I didnt get back here sooner, got a bit ill over the weekend.
As for La Jolla, i'll tell you what I did today.

Wake, 730am, walk dog for 30 minutes. Feed, pet, sit for a whilst he had a chewy. Got to work, stayed until noon. Walked along the 18th hole at Torrey Pines to relive Tiger's putt, looked at Ocean. Had lunch in the clubhouse.

Drove down the hill to La Jolla cove, sat for a few. Drove north on the 101 to Cardiff by the sea, had maragarita at Las Olas mexican/southwest restaurant. Watched the fishing boats offshore.

Went home, picked up the hound and went to dog beach on Coronado Island, gave him a bath back home, cleaned up. Dinner at George's at the cove to watch the sun set.
LIFE IS GOOD.;)

Now I'm curious. I lived on Coronado (not an Island) for several years and don't remember a dog beach. What beach is a dog beach there? When I lived there in the late 90's dogs were discouraged from being on the beaches. They were immaculate and that was the one thing we all liked about living there. We often used the beach behind the Del Coronado Hotel. Has the sand now "gone to the dogs"? :ohmy:

I remember hearing about Dog Beach all the time when I lived in Vista (until 1996), but I wasn't sure exactly where it was.

I remember hearing about Dog Beach all the time when I lived in Vista (until 1996), but I wasn't sure exactly where it was.

"Dog Beach" is a nickname for Ocean Beach in San Diego. Dogs are allowed to run freely but owner MUST pick up after the dogs. No one that I know goes to that beach to swim or just lie in the sun for obvious reasons. There are dozens of dogs there at any given time and they LOVE it. Have a look:

Attachments

• Dog Beach.jpg
    Dog Beach.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 204
Dog beach is just a very small stretch of beach near Carlsbad, if you blink while driving down the 101 or don't know what you are looking for you'd miss it. But its a favorite among the locals!

How are you feeling today Barbara? Are you able to move around? Hope you are able to forget all about this soon, it must be a pain in the keester let alone nerve racking!

By the way how long have you and your husband been married for? It sounds as if you two have quite a marriage. Its very nice to see acouple who are obviously best friends as well!:wub:

How are you feeling today Barbara? Are you able to move around? Hope you are able to forget all about this soon, it must be a pain in the keester let alone nerve racking!

By the way how long have you and your husband been married for? It sounds as if you two have quite a marriage. Its very nice to see acouple who are obviously best friends as well!:wub:
Thanks for asking deelady! I am feeling so much better. I'm finally off of 24-hour bed rest as of today. I still have to rest some, but I can get around pretty normally (if wearing hot compression stockings is normal! lol). As I mentioned in another post, I am going to have to work on building my muscles up again.

My husband and I have been married 5 years, 4 1/2 months. :cool: We actually met on the computer. The first time I ever talked to him was March 30, 2000. I met him face-to-face in Iowa at Christmas time 2000. He moved to South Carolina at Christmas time (arrived Christmas Eve) 2001, and we were married March 21, 2003. If you click on the images link to the left (under my name, etc.) you can see a picture of us together. If you don't want to go to that trouble just picture Ben Affleck and his beautiful wife Jennifer Garner. heeheehee!

BarbaraL said:
My husband and I have been married 5 years, 4 1/2 months. :cool: We actually met on the computer. The first time I ever talked to him was March 30, 2000. I met him face-to-face in Iowa at Christmas time 2000. He moved to South Carolina at Christmas time (arrived Christmas Eve) 2001, and we were married March 21, 2003.

Barbara - what a romantic story. My hubby and I also met online, about 5 and 1/2 years ago, and in April, we celebrated our third anniversary. Nice to hear love stories that involve grandmas, isn't it?

Yes it is Karen! What a lot of people don't know is that he moved here with only what would fit in his car. The windshield wipers were broken, and it was raining freezing rain (Christmas, remember?). He drove through about 3 states at night with his left arm out the window, making the one wiper go up and down! When daylight came, he stopped and fixed it!

wow, barb, that's romance!! james is a great person, i'm so glad fer you both that you met.
glad you're mending, must be a relief-&-a-half!

Barbara do they know how long it will be before you're 100% again ?
I'm just glad you're doing much better now.

Back
Top Bottom