Trees overgrown with webs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very cool! I would love to take a look at that.
Spiders are very neat and fun.....

AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT ON ME.

Then, they die.

Ever watched a spider make her web? Fascinating!
(yes I am a geeky nerd type dude.)

EEEEK... and you live nearby? Run, baby, RUN!!!

The good news in that story: "...they expect the web to last until fall, when the spiders will start dying off."

G

I don't do spiders either!! That's why I will stay across the lake on my side. LOL
We have spiders on our porch all the time. We have to power wash at least twice a month. We spray, but, they just keep coming back.

My left brain says spiders are very cool, but they still give me the creeps, due to a scary childhood experience at Girl Scout Camp.
Our "tents" had wooden floors, screens, and a canvas top. A storm blew up one night, and the wind was whipping the canvas top, when it shook loose a nest of Daddy Long Legs. They all came down onto my bed and all over me. I couldn't see anything, but I could feel them, and screamed bloody murder. The counselors came running, and had to strip me out of my nightgown and shake all the bed covers out.
Then, there was the time when I was in college at North Texas State, and a tarantula came jumping out of my shoe. :ohmy:

Oh, I hate spiders in my house or my porch. And Daddy Long Legs are soooo creepy. I know they won't hurt you but when they are in a big clump, it kinda pulsates. Like something out of the mind of Stephen King. This year has been exceptionally bad. I had a spell of smallish tarantulas that kept coming on the porch this spring. And now I have a HUGE spider who has taken up residence on the porch and he won't leave. My son has washed the spider and it's nest out of the porch 3 days in a row and it's back the next day! Everyone says it's a "garden spider" and a good thing to have but NOT on the front porch!!!!!

I just heard about this on NPR last night on my drive home. I guess they had some rain and they went from looking like fantasy webs they look more like scary, haunted webs.
I guess these trees were next to a pond and the webs were full of mosquitos.They said it was the first time they knew of this kind of spider working together as more of a community than every man (spider) for himself.

Last edited:
I just heard about this on NPR last night on my drive home. I guess they had some rain and they went from looking like fantasy webs they look more like scary, haunted webs.
I guess these trees were next to a pond and the webs were full of mosquitos.They said it was the first time they knew of this kind of spider working together as more of a community than every man (spider) for himself.

They were white until mosquitos started being trapped in the webs. They are at the State Park here, right by the lake.

Back
Top Bottom