Did you know...
The world's smallest army is the Vatican Swiss Guard, which stands 100 strong.
1. Some foods and beverages are best served at "room temperature"; in degrees Fahrenheit, what constitutes "room temperature?
2. What is the English meaning of the word "Volvo"?
3. Can you name the lead singer of the rock group, REM ?
4. What popular Italian Tourist destination was originally founded by refugees fleeing from the Huns?
5. What author wrote a series of books about the fictional land of Pelucidar? Bonus; Where was Pelucidar located?
6. What was the first name of Mr. Rogers, of "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood" fame?
7. What is the English translation of the title of the opera, "Die Fliedermaus" ?
8. Who wrote "The Book of Mormon" ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Coco Chanel financed her first millinery shop with money won from a lottery.
1. 68 degrees
2. "i roll"
3. michael stipe
5. EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS- AT THE EARTHS CORE
7. "the bat"
8. JOSEPH SMITH
Born Gabrielle Chanel in 1883, the legendary fashion designer, who changed her name to Coco while briefly mounting a career as a nightclub singer, was the mistress of a wealthy military officer and then an English industrialist. They financed her first millinery shop when she was still in her 20's.
She later moved to couture, creating revolutionary relaxed-fit clothing for women, and in 1922 introduced Chanel No. 5 perfume, still a major source of revenue for the fashion house.
“Bad men need nothing more to accomplish their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
― John Stuart Mill