DID YOU KNOW...
The tomato is technically a fruit, not a vegetable. It was also the first genetically engineered whole product and went on the market in 1994.
1. the three types of roman columns are Doric, ionic and __________.
2. which state has only one house in it's legislature?
3. what 1960's governor disobeyed presidential orders to allow blacks into
the state university?
4. what does IBM stand for?
5. what north African general tried to invade Rome using elephants?
6. under what name did steveland Morris achieve musical stardom?
7. what's the more common name for an obolus?
8. can you name the san Francisco (north beach) nightspot where the Kingston trio, the smothers brothers, pat Paulsen, and Phyllis diller, among
others, got their start?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
professional baseball's first female umpire resigned a few hours after
calling her first game.
3. GEORGE WALLACE
4. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES
6. STEVIE WONDER
7. it's the "slash" on your keyboard
8. the purple onion
Bernice gera, who graduated from baseball umpire school in palm beach,
officiated the first game between new York and Pennsylvania in the class a
league in 1972.
fans and players jeered her and she quit after the game ended. this move
ended he umpiring career, but she continued to work in baseball, in the
promotions department for the new York mets.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi