DID YOU KNOW...
AVERAGE WAGE FOR THE WORKMEN WHO DUG THE ERIE CANAL: $1 AND A QUART OF WHISKEY PER DAY.
1. What is the more formal name for "roughage" ?
2. Which city is farther north, Winnipeg or Calgary ?
3. What was Louis Armstrong's nickname ?
4. On the Sex and the City TV sitcom, what does Samantha Jones do for a living ?
5. What was the name of the cat on the Pixie and Dixie cartoon show ?
6. Lady Sings the Blues was a semi-biographic movie about whom...?
7. Who's Missing??
Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, and ____________.
8. "Who Said That ??"
"First I lost my weight, then I lost my voice, now I've lost Onassis!"
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The theme song for the 1958 sci-fi / horror movie, THE BLOB was written by Burt Bacharach and Mac David.
1. Dietary Fiber
4. PR Executive
5. Mr. Jinks
6. Billie Holiday
7. Ginger Baker
8. Maria Callas
The song, "Beware of the Blob", actually made the Billboard "Hot 100" chart, peaking at #33...Mac David was the brother of Hal David, who has paired with Bacharach on many hits, starting with the Marty Robbins hit, "The Story of My Life". Their early work includes "Magic Moments", a hit for Perry Como, the Shirelles' "Baby, It's You", Sarah Vaughn's "Broken Hearted Melody", "(The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance," and three other Gene Pitney hits. and on and on.....................
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi