DID YOU KNOW...
“LENIN” WAS ONLY ONE OF 151 PSEUDONYMS THAT VLADIMIR ILYICH ULYANOV USED IN HIS LIFETIME.
1. who is the Peach Melba dessert named after?
a. – A Chef
b. – an Actress
c. – a Daughter of the Chef
d.- a Singer
2. what is the most-used word in the English language?
3. What percentage of kids and teens polled picked Pizza as their favorite food ?
(Acceptable – to be within 5 percent of the answer)
4. as of may, 2006, how many baseball players have homered on their very first major-league at-bat?
a. – 31
b. – 51
c. – 71
d. - 91
5. who is the patron Saint of the Boy Scouts?
6. name the famous Marxist whom, before they knew about his politics, wall street
honored with a ticker-tape parade.
7. what year was the movie, "close encounters of the Third kind" released?
8. in that film, which state was the site of the climactic "encounter"?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Aguste Escoffier, of culinary fame, co-founded a number of famous hotels.
1. d - (Australian) singer
3. 37 %
4. – d
5. SAINT GEORGE
6. FIDEL CASTRO
Escoffier was a legendary French chef credited with inventing Pêche Melba and other
classic dishes. He formed a partnership with César Ritz, and the two men established a
number of famous hotels, including the Grand Hotel in Rome and numerous Ritz Hotels
around the world. In 1902, Escoffier published Le Guide Culinaire, which contains 5,000
recipes and is still used today as both a cookbook and textbook for classic cooking.
“Bad men need nothing more to accomplish their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
― John Stuart Mill