DID YOU KNOW...
The initial budget allocated in 1939 for research and development of the atomic bomb
was $6000-By 1945, the expenditure had grown to $2 billion.
DID YOU KNOW...
1. What actor included an imprint of his fist-along with his footprints and autograph-in the famous forecourt of Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood?
a. – Bruce Lee
b. – Bruce Willis
c. – Steven Seagal
d. – John Wayne
2. What was the primary material used in the first artificial heart?
(Hint; It wasn’t metal !)
3. How many primary (baby) teeth are there in humans?
4. Of the 172 nations that elect their leaders, where does the USA rank in percentage of
voting-age citizens who actually participate in the voting process?
a. – 9th
b. – 39th
c. – 89th
d. - 139th
5. Name the actress who, in a 30's film, delivered the memorable line, "Beulah, peel me a
6. What is the width of a standard audio cassette? (height is 1 1/2 inches)
7. What American city bills itself as the "Cradle of Aviation"?
8. How many flowers are depicted on each Oreo Cookie ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Americans eat the most cheese per person of any country in the world.
1. – d
4. – d
5. MAE WEST
6. 3 15/16 inches (acceptable; 4 inches)
7. DAYTON, OHIO (home of the Wright brothers)
U.S. citizens eat about 25 pounds of cheese per person per year, but the French, who can choose from among roughly 750 local varieties, eat double that amount, about a pound a week.
Cheese has come a long way since a cottage cheese-like variety was first made around
“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” – Adelle Davis