DID YOU KNOW...
HEAVY THOUGHT: THE WORLD’S TERMITES OUTWEIGH THE WORLD’S
HUMANS 10 TO 1.
1. Of all the crude oil used world-wide yearly, what percentage is used by the USA?
2. What film won Tommy Lee Jones a best supporting actor Oscar in 1993?
3. Name the famous record company founded by Berry Gordy, Jr.
4. Under what name did cherubic gangster Lester Gillis gained infamy?
5. Which African country has it's capital at Freetown?
6. What's the Second-Highest building in New York City?
a. - Four World Trade Center
b. - Chrysler Building
c. - Empire State Building
d. - Bank of America Tower
7. What's the most popular breed of dog in the USA?-What's the second-most??
8. Under what name did rocker Marvin Lee Aday achieve fame?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The tradition of birthstones began in the early 16th century.
2. "THE FUGITIVE"
3. MOTOWN RECORDS
4. BABY FACE NELSON
5. sierra Leone
6. - d
7. Labrador--Yorkshire terrier
8. MEAT LOAF
The tradition is based on ancient superstitions dating to Biblical times. People once
believed that gems and precious stones had fallen from the heavens. As such, they were
correlated with celestial signs of the zodiac. The stone you were born under was
considered your "lucky" stone.
Some historians believe that the tradition of birthstones comes from the biblical
"Breastplate of Aaron," a piece of linen worn for religious purposes. The breastplate
featured twelve gemstones, which correlated with the twelve tribes of Israel and are now
applied to the 12 months of the year.
“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” – Adelle Davis