trivia 1/4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 1/4
DID YOU KNOW...
The smallest island with country status is Pitcairn in Polynesia, at just 1.75 sq. miles/4,53 sq. km.

1. How many dots are there in total on a pair of dice?
2. Who played Basil Fawlty in `Fawlty Towers`?
3. How many red balls are used in a game of snooker?
4. Gordon Sumner was the lead singer of what rock band ?
5. How many strings are there on a violin ?
6. Which part of the body would be treated by a chiropodist?
7. In which year did the St Valentines Day massacre take place?
8. Which Julia Roberts vehicle was based on a script titled “$3,000” ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Charlotte Braun, a female version of Charlie Brown, briefly appeared in the Peanuts comic strip.
1. 42
2. John Cleese
3. 15
4. the Police
5. four
6. the Feet
7. 1929
8. Pretty Woman
TRUTH !!
Charlotte Braun
first appeared on November 30, 1954. She was originally intended as a female counterpart of the strip's protagonist, Charlie Brown (hence her self-applied nickname "Good Ol' Charlotte Braun"). This role was later taken by Sally Brown, Charlie Brown's little sister. Charlotte also bore a resemblance to Frieda, who appeared several years later. Despite the physical resemblance and similarity of the name, she bore no relation to Charlie Brown (and objected vehemently to the suggestion).
In the few comic strips that she appeared in, Charlotte Braun had the trait of speaking too loudly, a trait later adopted by Lucy van Pelt, although the two characters never appeared together (she did appear with Linus).
Schulz decided to abandon Charlotte Braun after only ten appearances because "he had run out of ideas" for her, and also didn't think that the character's personality was very developed. The last time she appeared was on February 1, 1955.
In 2000, it became known that a fan of Peanuts had written Schulz a letter in 1955, requesting that Charlotte Braun be removed. Schulz wrote back, promising to remove the character but asking the reader if she wanted to be responsible for "the death of an innocent child". The letter has been donated to the United States Library of Congress.

Wow, did I ever do badly! The only one I got right was the year of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre! I knew the answer to the dice question, but I forgot to double for 2 dice. Sheesh!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom