Trivia 1/9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 1/9
DID YOU KNOW...
GOLDFISH WERE ORIGINALLY GREEN, BUT THE CHINESE BRED THEM TO BE MANY DIFFERENT COLORS. GOLD BECAME THE MOST POPULAR.

1. At the Olympic games, what country leads the parade of Nations ?
2. The Blue Nile joins with the White Nile at what city
3. What is the last book of the Old Testament ?
4. What is the more common name for Bursitis in the knee joint ?
5. In which country is the famed La Scala Opera House ?
6. What was the currency of Germany before adopting the Euro ?
7. Who Am I ?
....While Calvin Klein was the King of Designer Jeans, I was definitely the Queen. I also experienced tremendous success with a floral-scented perfume, one of the top fragrance lines of the 80's. I also happen to be the mom of one of the top journalists at CNN...
8. Definition (L);
n~ 1. A short rope or gasket used on a ship to secure rigging, 2. a cord worn around the neck for carrying something, like a whistle or knife. 3. a cord with a hook at one end, used for firing a cannon.
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
"Yankee Doodle" was written by a group of British soldiers to make fun of Colonial "Yokels".
1. Greece
2. Khartoum
3. Malachi
4. Housemaid's Knee
5. Italy
6. The Mark (Deutschmark)
7. Gloria Vanderbilt
8. Lanyard
TRUTH !!
The yokels had the last laugh however, when, after forcing the British surrender at Yorktown, the members of the new Republic adopted the tune as their own (albeit unofficial) national anthem.

Trivia 1/9 - I thought Pepperidge Farm bred & baked them!

#5 - okay (by this # I was beginning to give up!)
#6 - okay
#7 - okay (didn't know about the mom/journalist part
and haven't guessed who it is. Another trivia ?)
#8 - okay (only got it after the #2 clue)
Truth - lucky guess.

TGIF, lt! Thanks!

Hey, banner day! I actually got 7 right! I have had every knee problem in the world but have never heard of housemaid's knee. That's a good one LT!

Also didn't get khartoum. I also didn't know about Gloria Vanderbilt's son, but know her jeans and her perfume (all too well - a coworker in the 80's used to wear it heavily and my asthma wasn't fond of it).

Anderson Cooper is Gloria Vanderbilt's son, quicksilver.
I had no idea!

I did better than I have been doing lately. I got the ones in red:

1. Greece
2. Khartoum

3. Malachi
4. Housemaid's Knee
5. Italy
6. The Mark (Deutschmark)
7. Gloria Vanderbilt
8. Lanyard
TRUTH !!

:)Barbara

You got the same as me, Barbara. Do you think LuckyTrim is going soft on us or are we getting that much smarter this year!

an fyi to 'splain thins about the the english soldiers making fun of the colonials.

at the time, italians - or "macaronis" to the english, were considered to wear the best and most fashionable clothes.

as the song goes, "stuck a feather in his cap and called it macaroni". so, the english were mockingly calling an american that tried to dress up a macaroni.

just enough to piss off the uncivilized americans. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom