DID YOU KNOW...
Astronomers believe there to be more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand in all the world's beaches and deserts. They estimate there are about 70 sextillion stars.
That's a 7 followed by 22 zeros.
1. Which is farther west; Havana, Cuba or Tampa, Florida ?
2. What role connects Carol Channing (Theater-1964) and Barbra Streisand (Film- 1969) ?
3. What sport was the focus of the film, Tin Cup ?
4. Until the Williams sisters did it, who was the only female African American Tennis player to win a Grand slam singles event ?
5. In the 1956 John Wayne classic, what actress were The Searchers searching for ?
6. Who performed The Ballad of Thunder Road on the soundtrack for the 1956 film, Thunder Road ?
7. Who was the father of Queen Elizabeth I of Britain (1558 - 1603)
8. In Greek myth, what is the more common name for the much sought-after skin of the winged Ram, Chrysomalos ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Country singer Tim McGraw was 11 years old before he became aware that his father was a famous Baseball pitcher.
1. Tampa, just barely
2. Dolly Levi - Hello, Dolly
4. Althea Gibson
5. Natalie Wood
6. Robert Mitchum
7. Henry VIII
8. The "Golden Fleece"
Tim McGraw was born Samuel Timothy McGraw in Delhi, Louisiana, a town in Richland Parish, to a waitress, Elizabeth (Betty) Ann D'Agostino, and a relief pitcher for the New York Mets and the Philadelphia Phillies, Frank Edwin McGraw Jr., also known as Tug McGraw.
In 1966, Tug was a pitcher for the Jacksonville Suns who lived in an apartment above Betty D'Agostino, who attended Terry Parker High School. The pair had a relationship and when Betty became pregnant, her parents sent her to Louisiana to live with relatives and to have the baby.
Raised by his mother in Start, Louisiana, east of Monroe, McGraw grew up believing his stepfather, Horace Smith, was his birth father.
At age eleven, McGraw discovered his birth certificate while searching his mother's closet to find pictures for a school project (One version has Tim searching for hidden Christmas presents).
After his discovery, his mother revealed that his biological father was Tug McGraw, and took Tim to meet him for the first time.
For seven years, Tug denied being Tim's father. Tim was 18 years old when Tug first realized how much Tim looked like him at that age and acknowledged paternity.
They remained close until Tug's death in 2004.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi