DID YOU KNOW...
Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan, was the first Hard-paved road in the Americas. It was paved with concrete. Before that, the better roads were covered with gravel, while most others were of dirt, leveled and hard-packed (till the next rain).
1. who invented the thermometer?
2. fill in the blank;
the snowiest city in the USA, based on yearly average snowfall, is stampede pass,
Washington, with _____ inches per year.
3. "nova" was the working title for what periodical magazine?
4. on which hand did michael jackson wear his famous glittering glove?
5. what year did phyllis george win the miss america title?
6. in what city was martin luther king's assassin captured?
7. Choose the correct spelling; a. Capilaries
8. what's the name of the dinosaur in Toy Story ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
the alcohol in wine evaporates when it is exposed to high heat.
3. OMNI MAGAZINE
if, in the cooking process, wine is reduced to "dry" (no liquid remains, just a syrupy glaze), the alcohol is evaporated.
the alcohol, having a lower boiling point than the liquid, evaporates before all the liquid is gone.
if the wine is still liquid, however, some alcohol remains.
"Still, a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest"...
- Simon & Garfunkle