Did you know…
Though English is considered its national language, more than 820 languages are spoken in Papua New Guinea, making it the most linguistically diverse country in the world.
1. What was the name of Spike Jones' band?
2. How many different "Angels" appeared in the TV series, Charlie's Angels"?
3. What was the only exterior color available to buyers of the first Chevy Corvette?--
BONUS; what year was that?
4. Who was the only write-in candidate ever elected to the US Senate?
(HINT; He also became the longest-serving and the oldest serving Senator in US history!)
5. What film role was played by Katharine Hepburn in 1933, by June Allyson in 1949, and by Winona Ryder in 1994?
6. Who was the first man to become US President that DID NOT serve as a delegate to the Continental Congress?
7. What are you doing when you pandiculate?
8. What is the only baseball position not mentioned in the famous Abbott and Costello "Who's on First?" routine?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The best-selling toy of 1965, the Super Ball, was made of a material used unsuccessfully in an oil well safety valve.
1. THE CITY-SLICKERS
4. STROM THURMOND
5. jo march ("little women")
6. JOHN QUINCEY ADAMS
7. stretching and yawning
8. RIGHT FIELD
Norman Stingley, a chemist for a rubber company that made "blow-out preventors" for oil wells, discovered a material and process that was unsuitable for the industry but made great, high-bouncing balls. The company passed on it, so Stingly shaped the material into a ball and brought it to "Wham-o", the maker of Frisbee's and Hula Hoops. Six months later, in 1965 the Super Ball was introduced.
“Food is like sex: When you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look
good.” – Beth McCollister