DID YOU KNOW...
In 1890, the United States Board on Geographic Names declared that all city names ending in "burgh" should drop the final "h." But in 1911, after protests from citizens, the board said Pittsburgh, Pa., could keep the extra letter.
1. what's the name of the county that contains Chicago?
2. Name the rock group who had the hit Up on Cripple Creek...
(Bonus; to which of the fifty must i travel to visit cripple creek
..."up on cripple creek, she sends me,
if i spring a leak, she mends me.." )
3. which comic strip character resided on the planet mongo?
4. in which country was Beyer aspirin developed?
5. what is Canada's smallest province?
6. what's the name of the Greek god of the underworld?
7. Who Am I ??
I was a Major League baseball player from 1914–1935. I originally broke into the major leagues with the Boston Red Sox as a starting pitcher, but after I was sold to the New York Yankees in 1919, I converted to a full-time right fielder.
8. can you name the only state of the fifty whose border contains no straight lines?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
"Huggies" was the first disposable diaper.
1. COOK COUNTY
2. The Band (Colorado)
3. FLASH GORDON
5. prince Edward island
7. Babe Ruth
the proctor & gamble co. introduced the product in 1961.
They were called "Pampers".
the first design didn't include fastening tabs, so parents had to have tape handy.
the originals came in two sizes and were much thicker than the ones that are used today.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi