DID YOU KNOW...
Alfred Nobel's father, Immanuel Nobel, invented plywood. Alfred, of course, gave us
1. What's the most famous tune to come out of the Hepburn movie, "Breakfast at
2. What tune serves as the unofficial Australian National Anthem?
3. What is the only bird known to mate on the fly?
4. What famous Pro Football player once franchised his name for a line of sheets called
the Playmaker Collection?
5. Which of the fifty was the first state to officially abolish slavery?
6. What sort of critter comes in a Dorgi variety ?
7. Who was the first king to be called "The Great"?
8. On the American Film Institute's list of the greatest screen legends of the 20th century,
what star ranks first among actors?
a. Marlon Brando
b. James Stewart
c. - Carey Grant
d. Humphrey Bogart
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Cigar box lids served as the first table tennis paddles in the early years of the game.
1. "moon river"
2. "waltzing matilda"
4. JOE NAMATH
5. Vermont, (in 1777)
6. a dog
7. ALEXANDER III
8. HUMPHREY BOGART
In the 1880's when the game was first played, cigar box lids served as paddles. The ball
was carved from the top of a champagne cork, and a line of books were placed across the
middle of the table.
Food is like sex: When you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look
good. Beth McCollister